Parity Check returned twice same number of corrected errors

Hi!

Here is what happened. I had to change some threads in CPU Isolation so I had to reboot the system. After the reboot all containers and VMs were gone and cache drive was showing 0 bytes free. I don't know what was the state before reboot, but for sure it wasn't completely full.

I started the mover, but after 15-20 minutes I saw there is no free space showing up, so I decided to click "reboot" it took a minute, but it rebooted. After that all containers and VMs started properly. The reboot must not have been clean as a parity check started.

I was shocked to see there were 641 corrected errors. That was very weird, so I decdied to the another parity check the next day. Again! Exactly same amount of errors corrected. I thought that it's very weird so I decided to see what would happen if I reboot again. This time I ran the mover before and waited for it to finish. After reboot containers and VMs started, but I got read errors on disk 2. I ran SMART diagnostics and it came back fine.

Only thing is that UDMA CRC error count is showing 52. It happened once before (don't remember if this drive) and I read that it might be a bad cable, so I just ordered new SAS to SATA cables.

Any ideas what is going on?

Thank you in advance!

Parity Operation History.jpg

33 Errors.jpg

nas-diagnostics-20220613-1245.zip Disk Log Information.txt nas-smart-20220613-2348.zip

First parity check was a non-correcting parity check (which is the default).   The second 'check' was a correcting parity rebuild which should have fixed the errors found in the non-correcting check.  You should run a third check (non-correcting) and it should now find zero errors. 

I did not see anything on disk2 to indicate a problem with it.  There are 6 CRC errors on it but they could have occurred anytime as these errors are never reset.  You coujld replace the SATA data cable.  (If you do this double check that all of the SATA cables are secure.  Replacing one cable can result in movement of another cable which will loosen it!)

Edited by Frank1940