HGST SAS Refurb 8TB $64.75

Thinking about picking up a couple of these for the price... The closest compatible drive I have found of recent was for $110 with a 5 year warranty... 

Edited the title from One day sale... seems like the email that I had for this "deal" was misleading... ah well it's still live and IMO still a good option

What are your thoughts?

HGST 8TB SAS3 3.5" HDD - HUH728080AL4200

https://bitdeals.tech/products/hgst-ultrastar-8tb-he8-huh728080al4200?_pos=2&_sid=d70e3c2e1&_ss=r

Edited by mathomas3
cleaned up URL

Just in case other folks miss it like me, these are SAS drives, not SATA.

OP, you might want to add SAS and refurbished to the title.  It's a good deal, imo, if you're ok with refurbs.  I have a 4 yr old 6TB HGST SATA refurb drive that's been going strong, but I guess it's luck of the draw.

• JonathanM changed the title to HGST SAS Refurb 8TB One day Sale $64.75
  • mathomas3 changed the title to HGST SAS Refurb 8TB $64.75
  • 4 months later...

I would personally stay away, looks like a scam site.  No contact information at all, all the pictures look different like they were taken elsewhere and there's legitimate sellers who have HGST 8TB refurbs with 5 year warranties for about $90-$100.

If you want to try it I would suggest using a virtual card and see if it actually ships.

• 3 weeks later...