[Support] fithwum - minecraft server

also for the fabric template if you already have it installed you will need to add more variables as you can also now pick whatever version of minecraft is supported by fabric YOU WILL NEED TO CHANGE THE DOCKER TAG TO fithwum/minecraft-fabric:latest

key: MC_VERSION

key: INSTALLER_VERSION

sorry forgot to update post i have updated the templates for vanilla and fabric you will need to add some variables this is for added functionality if you add the size variables you will need to delete your run file.

i removed the port mapping from the dockerfile so that it was possible to set the port and have it change the port in the settings file this works fine in my testing on 4 different servers so far. i made the changes as they were requested by many people.

NEEDED

key: GAME_PORT

OPTIONAL

key: XMX_SIZE

key: XMS_SIZE

key: XMN_SIZE

• 2 months later...

the only time it should be downloading a new file is when the file is not there at all.

all my minecraft dockers are not even setup to download any ops file at all anyway i removed that as it was only there for testing to make things faster for me.

the only other thing i can think of is that you dont have your data folders setup somehow.

Edited by fithwum
edit
  • 2 months later...
On 11/9/2023 at 6:04 PM, fithwum said:

also for the fabric template if you already have it installed you will need to add more variables as you can also now pick whatever version of minecraft is supported by fabric YOU WILL NEED TO CHANGE THE DOCKER TAG TO fithwum/minecraft-fabric:latest

key: MC_VERSION

key: INSTALLER_VERSION

I updated to MC Version 1.20.5 and now I am getting java related errors, I think the java version needs to be updated.

maybe update java to 22? I am not sure the best way to fix this.

java.lang.RuntimeException: An exception occurred when launching the server!
        at net.fabricmc.loader.impl.launch.server.FabricServerLauncher.main(FabricServerLauncher.java:71)
        at net.fabricmc.installer.ServerLauncher.main(ServerLauncher.java:69)
        Suppressed: java.awt.AWTError: Can't connect to X11 window server using '0' as the value of the DISPLAY variable.
                at java.desktop/sun.awt.X11GraphicsEnvironment.initDisplay(Native Method)
                at java.desktop/sun.awt.X11GraphicsEnvironment$1.run(X11GraphicsEnvironment.java:105)
                at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:318)
                at java.desktop/sun.awt.X11GraphicsEnvironment.initStatic(X11GraphicsEnvironment.java:64)
                at java.desktop/sun.awt.X11GraphicsEnvironment.<clinit>(X11GraphicsEnvironment.java:59)
                at java.desktop/sun.awt.PlatformGraphicsInfo.createGE(PlatformGraphicsInfo.java:36)
                at java.desktop/java.awt.GraphicsEnvironment$LocalGE.createGE(GraphicsEnvironment.java:93)
                at java.desktop/java.awt.GraphicsEnvironment$LocalGE.<clinit>(GraphicsEnvironment.java:84)
                at java.desktop/java.awt.GraphicsEnvironment.getLocalGraphicsEnvironment(GraphicsEnvironment.java:106)
                at java.desktop/sun.awt.X11.XToolkit.<clinit>(XToolkit.java:224)
                at java.desktop/sun.awt.PlatformGraphicsInfo.createToolkit(PlatformGraphicsInfo.java:40)
                at java.desktop/java.awt.Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit(Toolkit.java:599)
                at java.desktop/javax.swing.UIManager.getSystemLookAndFeelClassName(UIManager.java:668)
                at net.fabricmc.loader.impl.gui.FabricMainWindow.open(FabricMainWindow.java:87)
                at net.fabricmc.loader.impl.gui.FabricGuiEntry.open(FabricGuiEntry.java:51)
                at net.fabricmc.loader.impl.gui.FabricGuiEntry.displayError(FabricGuiEntry.java:141)
                at net.fabricmc.loader.impl.gui.FabricGuiEntry.displayError(FabricGuiEntry.java:108)
                at net.fabricmc.loader.impl.launch.FabricLauncherBase$1.uncaughtException(FabricLauncherBase.java:108)
                at java.base/java.lang.ThreadGroup.uncaughtException(ThreadGroup.java:1082)
                at java.base/java.lang.ThreadGroup.uncaughtException(ThreadGroup.java:1077)
                at java.base/java.lang.Thread.dispatchUncaughtException(Thread.java:2017)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Error invoking MC server bundler: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: net/minecraft/bundler/Main has been compiled by a more recent version of the Java Runtime (class file version 65.0), this version of the Java Runtime only recognizes class file versions up to 61.0
        at net.fabricmc.loader.impl.game.minecraft.BundlerProcessor.process(BundlerProcessor.java:102)
        at net.fabricmc.loader.impl.game.minecraft.MinecraftGameProvider.locateGame(MinecraftGameProvider.java:192)
        at net.fabricmc.loader.impl.launch.knot.Knot.createGameProvider(Knot.java:175)
        at net.fabricmc.loader.impl.launch.knot.Knot.init(Knot.java:130)
        at net.fabricmc.loader.impl.launch.knot.Knot.launch(Knot.java:68)
        at net.fabricmc.loader.impl.launch.knot.KnotServer.main(KnotServer.java:23)
        at net.fabricmc.loader.impl.launch.server.FabricServerLauncher.main(FabricServerLauncher.java:69)
        ... 1 more
Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: net/minecraft/bundler/Main has been compiled by a more recent version of the Java Runtime (class file version 65.0), this version of the Java Runtime only recognizes class file versions up to 61.0
        at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
        at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:1017)
        at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:879)
        at net.fabricmc.loader.impl.game.minecraft.BundlerProcessor$1.loadClass(BundlerProcessor.java:65)
        at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:525)
        at java.base/java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
        at java.base/java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:467)
        at net.fabricmc.loader.impl.game.minecraft.BundlerProcessor.process(BundlerProcessor.java:85)