6.10.3 Restore data after assigning old cache disk to array and adding new disk as cache

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

3 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

That's a good sign, it found a backup superblock, now mount the disk with the UD plugin (or add a new pool and assign it there) and check contents.

Great News 🎉!

I've never done that before. Should I mount it there using the button "MOUNT"?

image.thumb.png.186a77de4ec3e19feb42c18dac39a9d7.png

Edited by manrw
32 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

That's not unexpected, there will be some damage, you can inspect those files to see if there's something useful, other alternative is scanning the disk with a file recovery util like UFS explorer.

That's probably somewhat what I have to accept. I'll make a quick backup of the entire disk to an external SSD and inspect them locally.
Is there some way to further restore the data?
I've heard about UFS Explorer. Would I need a license for recovering? Would it be possible to restore the rest of the files and the directory structure?

EDIT: The data im most after are my docker containers. This is where most important data was located.

Edited by manrw
37 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

Yes, but I believe you can use the trial to see what data would be recoverable, including if it can recover the folder structure.

Would I need to take the drive out for that?

Also, 500€ is over my budget - Am I looking at the wrong version?

Without that we won't be able to further restore the data?

53 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

Standard recovery is 60€, and yes probably easier to take the disk out and use a WIndows desktop.

That would be fine. Would you be willing to assist me for the recovery process, when the copy of the disk has been finished?

Quick Update:
- I bought an additional 1 TB SSD which will store all docker containers and my VMs
- I have restored some of my data (reverse proxy, nextcloud, ...). I also found some backups of important tools!
- I made several copies of the backups and made a disk image of the entire 1 TB HDD
- I completly removed the 1 TB HDD from the system and will keep it like this for now
- I bought 5 TB external backup storage, which I will backup to using Duplicati

I should be ready to turn it on and plug the new 1 TB SDD in. Will you assist me for configuration, that I don't break something again?

Edited by manrw
6 hours ago, trurl said:

All you need is a backup of appdata, then you can reinstall your dockers using the Previous Apps feature on the Apps page.

I have learned from this and back up appdata and other directories with Duplicatli weekly.

Thank you for your input