Will I need to mod this case?

Blu

Basically I ordered an antec twelve hundred case (link) and am going to be using four of the Supermicro Black 3X5.25 to 5X3.5IN SATA Drive Bay Converter (link) Do you think I'll need to mod the case by cutting off the little ledges that would be in place to hold up a 5.25" optical drive or will the bay converter just sit on them normally? If I was needed to mod the case would I need to grind down all of the ledges or just leave 1 every 3 spaces meaning to leave 4 ledges for the converters to rest on. Thanks for any advice on this.

When you guys say c-clamp it do you just mean to bend it backwards like this?

|--- <(clamp)

---|<(clamp)

Bending it straight backwards right?

(Edit: Damn this case weighs a ton as well...No joke it's got to be atleast fifty pounds)

Are there any 4 in 3 or 5 in 3 cages that have groves in the side that would accommodate these "ledges" without modification?

Stephen

As far as I know I don't believe so...Can someone sorta show me an example of how to do this with a c clamp? A hammer and a 2by4 is sounding good it just doesn't sound like it will bend out clearly and if I was to bend them with a hammer or c-clamp is it possible to bend them back if say I wanted to use this case for a pc later in the road, which I doubt cause I'll always want a file server :)

|--- <(clamp)

---|<(clamp)

Something like this...

|

|

|--- <(clamp)

|

|

|<(clamp)

|

Bending it so that the tab that projected is now in line with the rest of the sheet metal rather than with a 90 degree bend in it.

|--- <(clamp)

---|<(clamp)

Something like this...

|

|

|--- <(clamp)

|

|

|<(clamp)

|

Bending it so that the tab that projected is now in line with the rest of the sheet metal rather than with a 90 degree bend in it.

By any chance, can someone post a before and after pic of the tab bending technique?  ???