Norco 4020 Fried Need Complete rebuild

Not quite sure what happened, but my Server dropped off my network. Upon investigation, I found/smelled a burnt backplane. I have 10 4TB WD RED, 1 parity and 9 data. 1 disk is toast, burned PCB. I have ordered/received 8 6TB drives. My plan is to have (1) 6TB Parity and (7) 6TB data. I plan to add more 6TB later as needed. I am thinking of a complete rebuild my entire server, Case, MB, everything. I did find 2 other disks that had a burnt chip on the PCB. None of the drives spin up. I have bought replacement PCBs for all drives, all with same part/lot #s as each drive. I plan on swapping the ROM chips from my original HDD PCBs to the "donors" and hopefully revive the drives long enough to copy all the data to the 6TB drives. First question, is do I need a total of 10 drives and copy 1 disk to 1 disk or will the system figure it out and "rebuild" it?(I am not worried about time if the system can figure it out and fix it) None of the 4TB drives were full, maybe 50%.  If I can successfully copy all the old drives, what are the steps to installing the new 6TB drives?

Just start a new array with the new disks and use Unassigned Devices to copy files from the old disks. User shares are just the combined top level folders on all array and pool disks. It doesn't matter which disks the files go to as long as those top level folders exist your user shares will exist.

I don't trust the NORCO backplanes so I plan on just direct connect wire each of the HDDs, untI I can replace the case. I was going to copy each HDD with a my Dual Bay Hard Drive Duplicator. You suggest just connecting the old and the new and copy within the system? Would I have to preclear all the new drives first? Once I can copy/transfer the data from the 4TB drives, they are getting disposed of.