Emby on ipv6

Hello, i moved out and i received a new internet box.

Im going on the router interface to forward the port for emby but it appear im on ipv6 now.

No big deal, im looking up solution for this but it appear that my emby docker is 

As far as i know this looks like an ipv4 public address.

So it looks like that it wont cut it. I've looked through this but

1. i dont know how to make an ipv4 dchp pool that wont collide with my router pool (i have an SFR ISP, french company)
  2. if i want to give an ipv6 address in custom br0 in the docker template, i dont know wich one to give for it work remotely

I think i might be missing something, help would be greatly appreciated

Also im not sure about which part of the config is wrong (be it the unraid part or the emby part or even both)

Thanks in advance

image.png

Do you want to access Emby without a reverse Proxy in between ? I would definetly consider using one. Makes it alot easier too.
This would then check the requests from the outside and pass them on to (here) emby depending on the configuration.

Otherwise, the standard DHCPv4 pool on ISP devices starts later and does not use the whole network (usually it starts at 100 or similar). Can you check in which range leases are assigned?
Emby seems to see already your WAN IP and in the LAN is also ipv4 assigned.

Static IPv6 is always a mess (imho). Inspect if the container doesnt already get a dynamically assigned address.
What network type have you assigned to the container? Are you running unraid 6.10+ ?

Edited by kdwg

Hello, thanks for answering.

I am not proficient in networking at all, so i'd love to keep the install the simplest it can be.

My host machine has .83 so i guess rules are different for my ISP, also the ones assigned to my devices at home look like ipv6 ... (i need to double check when im home and correct if needed)

I used bridge network for the emby container.

An im using 6.9.2. 

What i dont understand is

How are remote requests able to reach my container on the WAN ? is there a table in the router ?

Bridge or br0 ?

What output you get from console "docker container inspect %containername%", at the bottom you should see networking information. Remember to mask ipv6 IF you want to post the output here. But when you say your host has .83, the docker showing up with .45 cannot be in bridge network.

Basically for a consumer connection you have at most 1 ipv4 assigned to your WAN, and only if you have a dual stack connection. If you have a dslite connection, you couldn't really make use of it at all due to sharing and tunneling (so just your ipv6 is unique to you).

But most important:

What I would recommend you avoid enabling port-forwarding when you don't have sufficient knowledge in networking. Maybe you should consider using VPN instead or building something like zerotier. It is too dangerous when you don't really know what you are doing and releasing containers to the open world.

Thanks for your input. What is even weirder is that the LAN changed again and is different from the one in the URL of my browser (respectively http://172.17.0.23:8096/ and http://192.168.1.83:8096/ ) 

I went back to bridge bc it was not working with my br0 custom config 

"Networks": {
                "bridge": {
                    "IPAMConfig": null,
                    "Links": null,
                    "Aliases": null,
                    "NetworkID": "79f5544ae5492e3e1171bdafead6b64ba23437d8778508bcedd1ae88178a98d6",
                    "EndpointID": "b9888b0fc0d3da4b9969883b5750b1a983f3d66acad1b8f764f435ee9bf9baf0",
                    "Gateway": "172.17.0.1",
                    "IPAddress": "172.17.0.23",
                    "IPPrefixLen": 16,
                    "IPv6Gateway": "",
                    "GlobalIPv6Address": "",
                    "GlobalIPv6PrefixLen": 0,
                    "MacAddress": "02:42:ac:11:00:17",
                    "DriverOpts": null
                }
            }

Alright, thanks for the advice, i do have knowledge basic knowledge and i "only" had emby port and wireguard opened (my mom won't go through the hassle of vpn just to watch movies)

I came here to have help setting up the br0 connection for the container and to have some more help understanding my issue here