<SOLVED> ALL folder/file permissions gone on about 1/3 of my folders

Go to solution Solved by TechMed,

Hi All,

In trying to fix this on my own I stumbled across Tools > New Permissions as a possible fix. Appdata is on the SSD Cache drive, not the spinners. I am leery to use New Permissions as this 33% of the Folders that have no permissions whatsoever, took years to accumulate (primarily used for PLEX). I do not have any errors or drives with issues. SMART reports back "Passed" on all 12 drives.

I have included a Diagnostic and screenshot from Krusader. Also, I cannot access these folders from Windows: error 'you don't have permission to access..."

Any help greatly appreciated!

Missing permissons.png

tower01-diagnostics-20220703-2114.zip

Edited by TechMed
SOLVED
  • Solution

roland-he-who-aims.jpg.e256096f11c079c870f74561341ba034.jpg

It appears as though Roland and friends are once again following the Beams, in the Land of Ka, to the Dark Tower.

After reading this post (

)

I got the courage to try the New Permissions tool.

I selected ONLY my "media" folder (everything is in there) and ran New Permissions on it.

Again, it appears to have worked as I am now able to see, access, and move files within Krusader.

Kudos to @mikl for the post and posting the results!

Time for Roland to follow the Beams once more...

• TechMed changed the title to <SOLVED> ALL folder/file permissions gone on about 1/3 of my folders