Upgrade old build and migration process

Hello,

Although hardware related, I'm posting my question here as I will need to upgrade on older AMD system to an Intel 11th gen based system and I'm not sure how easy it is to migrate to a new motherboard + CPU combo (while keeping the disks and HBA). Will unRAID be smart to work with the existing configuration?

Requirements:

1. As many PCI-E slots as possible without going to server motherboards. GPU, HBA, and possibly two Intel Quad NICs. One for a VM and one for VLANs allocated to dockers.
  2. Run a maximum of two VMs; one for pfSense (passing in an Intel Quad NIC), and another VM for a basic Windows box for slicing models for my 3D printers.
  3. Intel iGPU using quicksync for Jellyfin hardware acceleration

This is what I have come up with. Thoughts?

Proposed hardware:

• ASUS Z590-A Prime
  • 11700k or 11600k or even i7-10700
  • G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600)

• I already have a Rosewill RSV-L4500U server case but I take it I will need a new low profile heatsink for the CPU? The one I'm using for the old AMD 8350 surely might not work, right?

• Corsair TX750 from existing box (assuming this will still work?)

Questions:

1. Hardware specs seem ok for what I need?
  2. Is migrating to a new motherboard + CPU combo easy?
  3. I'm using a second Intel Quad NIC to allocate separate VLANs to a couple of my dockers. Could I do away with a second NIC and use the onboard Intel NIC on the motherboard and set up VLANs? Will have MacVLAN problems like inter-docker communication with the unRAID box and VLANs?

Edited by joelones