catasphocis error when adding files

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Booted Successfully.

stared in maintenance mode and completed extended smart test on cache drive has passed with no errors.

can i just switch out my new drives and attempt to build parity on the them and add the previous party drive as a data drive? do i unassigned current drive, start and stop array  add then add new drives? what does that process look like?

after_usb_nastradamus-diagnostics-20220808-2120.zip

i want to use my new 16tb wdc drives as dual parity and move my current 8tb seagate parity drive to the array as a data drive. i would also be able use the third 16tb wdc drive in the array and moving forward i can add 16tb or lower  instead of 8 and lower.

im also considering doing the same for the cache drives   as  i have two 1tb drives laying here

Edited by Olymoly
gramar

Update.  successfully updated the parity drive to 16tb and completed parity sync! my parity drives were red dotted since oct 2020) thank you!

after parity sync was done, i moved on to added two 1tb drives to be my cache pool, i added a adaptec card for the two 2.5 drive bays in the back of the case.  however the drive did show.

regardless of that separate issue, after i rebooted. i was hit with the a catastrophic error again. i am sure this related to drive/array space  as i had not moved data to new drive yet and had mistakenly set my largest share to "Fill Up" instead of most free at some point.

before i continue with the original instruction is the post, i would like to make sure that is right way to go to fix this issue.  also. in this current state can i use unbalance to move data?

nastradamus-diagnostics-20220813-1923.zip

im kinda of lost now. in a loop of indecisiveness. 

i watched spaceinvader video, i tried to install krusader to make copy of the data on cache disk but it doesnt work. i guess docker is broken/corrupt again.

i also currently dont use vms so not worry about that.

couldnt i just stop the array and replace the drive since i have a second drive mirroring? i used the tools > backup/restore appdata. and it seems have worked so i can also go that route just have an issue with copying domains via krusader.