Connecting the Unraid server direct to my PC

Hello

I have been busy buying the bits and bobs to build my server have not completed that process as it will take ma wee while longer to gather all the components.  So a question I intend to use the server between the PC & nas with a 10GbE direct connection as both the server motherboard and the pc have both 10GbE ports.  Is it possible to connect my unraid server to my PC without internet connection or must the server be connected to the internet at all times.

Can anyone explain what is the best way to go about connection the pc directly to my server using a 10GbE connection, what settings would need changing. I have been scrolling through the forums but can’t  seem to see a direct answer to this query.

Looking for some advise before proceeding with he build. 

You will need to make sure that static IP addresses are set for the NIC's on both ends of the connection.  (Many long years ago you had to have a special Cat5 cable with reversed wiring but the need has been eliminated as the NIC should be able to figure out which is the transmitting and receiving pair.)

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Hrridly said:

Is it possible to connect my unraid server to my PC without internet connection or must the server be connected to the internet at all times.

Trial license needs internet to start the array, not needed while it's running. Paid license does not need internet. Obviously updates and such need internet, but not full time.

• Thanks 1