RESOLVED - Media Unwatchable After 6.10 Upgrade (Samba Issue)

Hi guys,

So I upgraded to 6.10, did the new password, installed My Servers, backed up flash drive. Then  I proceeded to have a nice Saturday with family.

That night, I wanted to watch a movie. unRAID stores all my media, which I consume in Kodi on an Intel NUC running Libreelec. All Ethernet cable connected. I put on the movie and immediately Kodi starts caching and buffering. Kodi shows me an error message about not having the reading speed…. Oh oh… maybe it’s the one movie, so I tried a second movie that I have watched before to test…. Same problem!! Rebooted both the Nuc and unRAID…. Same!!

So I ran to my PC and I downgrade to 6.9.x. Tested with the same two movies…. Flawless playback…. Phew….

What did I do wrong? Is there a new setting or step i missed? This cannot be….!

I have a dual CPU Xeon E5-2670, 64GB RAM. I checked if anyone was streaming from Plex… no streams. No VMs, no downloads… I have been using this server for ages

Please, any advice??

Thank you.

H.

Edited by hernandito
  • hernandito changed the title to NOT Working - Media Unwatchable After 6.10 Upgrade

I think I have finally resolved this. I went back to 6.10.3.

In my Samba settings, I enabled SMB Multi Channel; and I disabled Enhance macOS Interoperability. We do not use Macs.

I tested with a 4K movie and it played fine for the first 5 minutes... I didnt have the time to watch the whole thing.

image.png.db57f606b7221d72f0c899fe8b461cd1.png

I hope this helps someone.

Thanks to @Squid for pointing me in the right direction.

• hernandito changed the title to RESOLVED - Media Unwatchable After 6.10 Upgrade (Samba Issue)