Plex Library is set to /mnt/disks/media/docs but picks up files from /mnt/user/media docs instead

Go to solution Solved by Squid,

I am in the process of moving my files to the cloud (gdrive:crypt).
I got the idea of having plex serve up my local unraid content from my old libraries and new libraries (with cloud content) at the same time.
Once all my files we're in the cloud, I could just tear down my old libraries and keep the new ones.

Something is not allowing me to do that.

My plex docker (settings attached) has my older libraries on Host Path 1: with just /mnt/
In plex, I added my libraries by hitting using the paths: /mnt/user/movies, /mnt/user/tv, etc. 
Never had a problem.

To accommodate the new libraries (and rclone) I was given instruction to use the /mnt/disks path route.

I wanted test my theory (of new and old libraries) so I added a new path setting/config.
The test path (docs) is /mnt/disks/media/docs and set up as read/write slave...
In plex, when I choose this docs path to add my libraries, it actually adds files from the /mnt/user/media/docs folder.

I can tell this is happening (via plex) because as files are being moved from local /mnt/user/media to the cloud /mnt/disks/media_vfs the library is shrinking. I can double verify this by comparing the files directly on the server shares.

In what I think is a related symptom (of this /user/ vs /disks/ feud), rclone is throwing fits in the logs on some files where it can't move or delete some (but not all) files.

Snippet here:

Jul 31 03:06:43 smashboogie rcloneorig[5221]: The Beatles - Get Back/Season 1/The Beatles - Get Back - S01E02 - Part 2.mkv: Not deleting source as copy failed: failed to open source object: open /mnt/user/media/docs/The Beatles - Get Back/Season 1/The Beatles - Get Back - S01E02 - Part 2.mkv: no such file or directory
Jul 31 03:35:51 smashboogie rcloneorig[5221]: Taskmaster/Season 6/Taskmaster - S06E08 - What Kind of Pictures.mkv: Couldn't delete: remove /mnt/user/media/docs/Taskmaster/Season 6/Taskmaster - S06E08 - What Kind of Pictures.mkv: no such file or directory

I know at one point, fix common problems was giving me an error about having my own 'disks' share and that it was incompatible with 6.9. I can't remember if I deleted that offensive /disks/ share from unraid share screen (good) or just deleted it via Krusader (bad). Could that be the problem?

Also attached system diag...

Thanks for any and all suggestions!

unraid.jpg

smashboogie-diagnostics-20220731-0718.zip

I'd double check what the paths are in your library.  If you're inadvertently telling plex to search /mnt for the library then it will pick up everything

If you're actually telling it to only look in /mnt/user/.... then if it's scanning the parent (/mnt) for media then it's a Plex bug and needs to be reported in their own forums (IMO this is unlikely)

IMO, the most secure system is to map only the shares you need Plex to have access to (eg: /movies1 to /mnt/user/movies1, /movies2 to /mnt/user/movies2 etc).  What you're effectively doing is letting Plex have access to all of your banking information (which are stored in /mnt/user/Banking), those "private" pictures of your wife stored in xXx etc.  Up to you, but if Plex doesn't require access to the stuff you actually don't want it to have access to, don't give it access

18 minutes ago, Squid said:

I'd double check what the paths are in your library.  If you're inadvertently telling plex to search /mnt for the library then it will pick up everything

If you're actually telling it to only look in /mnt/user/.... then if it's scanning the parent (/mnt) for media then it's a Plex bug and needs to be reported in their own forums (IMO this is unlikely)

IMO, the most secure system is to map only the shares you need Plex to have access to (eg: /movies1 to /mnt/user/movies1, /movies2 to /mnt/user/movies2 etc).  What you're effectively doing is letting Plex have access to all of your banking information (which are stored in /mnt/user/Banking), those "private" pictures of your wife stored in xXx etc.  Up to you, but if Plex doesn't require access to the stuff you actually don't want it to have access to, don't give it access

Thanks. Yeah, my new library is specifically pointing to /mnt/disks/media/docs but only picking up files in /mnt/user/media/docs for some reason.

32 minutes ago, Squid said:

Then you've done a symlink or something because the situation with emby is not actually possible. 

When I first set up my rclone mount and upload scripts, I incorrectly moved data from my /mnt/users/<old directory> to /mnt/disks/media/<new directory> 
Which I was told would create a loop.

Could this have created a symlink situation?