OVMF to SeaBios conversion [HELP]

Did anyone manage to successfully convert OVMF VM image to SeaBios?

I'm talking about a solution with preserving the previous OS (Windows 10), without clean installation.

I tried to convert the drive from GPT to MBR, but it resulted in "Booting from Hard Disk ..." or when I hard-copied the C drive from OVMF image to SeaBios image I managed to boot into windows recovery but diskpart shows no disks.

For curious people: I want to convert them because OVMF VNC does not support high resolution when running in parallel to GPU passthrough (at least I couldn't get it to work no matter what I tried) and SeaBios has no such issues. I have 6 VMs that I want to convert, and a clean installation is not an option because they were used for some time already, and it would take ages to go back to this stage.

I'd appreciate any clues that might help!

6 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

After converting the drive to MBR you likely will need to boot from a Windows install disc to get to a command prompt and rebuild the boot sector, then it should work...

Could use RDP instead of VNC though, always much better on Windows

I completely agree with going with RDP if it hadn't been for an edge case when user without administrative privileges needs elevation. RDP just does not allow to do anything in this case without physical access to keyboard.

Edited by Eksitus
typo
29 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Huh? That's totally supposed to work, no issue here.

Image of the same issue from the internet:

image.thumb.png.13fa65d429ca6d150db61106d26016dd.png

So there is some UAC issue with RDP connection where if I connect via RDP to non-admin user I cannot raise the elevation above the credentials I use for RDP.

At least I think that's what raises this issue.