Scan files to unRAID from Network Printer

Go to solution Solved by MAM59,

Hello unRAID Community!

Yesterday i finally managed to get my first unRAID server running, and i stumbled across one problem:

I have a printer (OKI MC362dn) which can scan to a network folder. The problem is, that it just cannot send the files to the share i have setup for it.

The share is public, and i tried accessing it on multiple systems without any problem. In printer settings i specify the destination (url of unraid share) as follows: \\192.168.x.x\share_name

I’m sitting on this problem for like 6 hours now, so i would be very thankful for some help.

Edited by elliotcz97
typo
  • Solution

public is a bit critical, sometimes it works, often not.

And, of course, do not forget to assign read/write permissions to the share.

Also your printer may need a different syntax for the "URL". Its not a http url, but a smb (cifs) share! Maybe you need to prepend it with something like "smb://192.168.x.x" ?

(Or you need to supply it in a completely different part of the printer setup, my printer has different sections for different protocols)

If it still does not work, try to make the share private and create a user that is capable to write to the share. Configure the same workgroup/username/password into the printer and retry.

Here it works without any hassle (but I have Kyocera printer, maybe OKI behaves different, no idea).

Thank you very much for all of your help!

1 hour ago, MAM59 said:

If it still does not work, try to make the share private and create a user that is capable to write to the share. Configure the same workgroup/username/password into the printer and retry.

This solved the issue, alongside the SMBv1 support!

Thank you!

• Like 1