We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

Disk1 full

Yesterday my disk1 one filled up (as configured) but downloads and everything did not continue on a different drive in the array. Global share is set to all disks. Data share is set to fill-up / all disk. I have rebooted the server. Tried different setting (high water/most free). Nothing changed. How can this be resolved?

Side note. Trying to transfer my /data/incomplete folder to a different drive begins a 14TB transfer. the drive is only 8TB. Not sure how its reading 14TB

tower-diagnostics-20220820-0804.zip

A split level of 2 is highly likely to cause problems - you want it set to split as needed if you are using the Fill-Up allocation method.

Was the 50GB Minimum Free Space setting always there or was that added when you started encountering problems?  Are any of the files you are trying to copy larger than 50GB - if so you need to increase the value for this setting.

You might want to check the "Full" disk to see if there are any incomplete files there from a previously failed attempt to copy files - if so they should be deleted as they would stop the allocation method being used as existing files are always over-written in-situ.

It might be a good idea at this point to manually move files to another drive to free up space on the full drive and see if things then start behaving better.  Since you are on a 6.10.x release the Dynamix File Manager plugin is the best way to do this.

I swapped to split level 2 after the issue presented itself. Can swap it back to as needed. 

The 50GB limit has been there since the share was set up. Quality settings in the arrs is limited. Shouldn't be any single file over 23GB. Some manual adds are in the 40GB range. 

There are incomplete files. I am freeing up room by transferring the completed files to a different disk (2.7TB ish). I was going to transfer the incomplete folder but it reads 14TB when the drive is only 8TB. 

I've started the file transfer for completed files a couple hours ago. So downloads can continue and I can try to resolve the issue. 

I guess I had this issue before. A drive hit 100% (then died >.<) but I didn't think about it hitting max as much as I was concerned about the dead drive. 

Edited by imperiects

deleted everything that was incomplete. Set share to high water. Double checked limit settings. Between share, sonarr, and radarr they are all set to 50GB. 

Its been running high water for almost 10 minutes. Still writing to disk1 even though disk5 and disk7 are nearly empty. 

Edited by imperiects