Unraid 6.9.2 suddenly unreachable

Greetings all,

I come to you in dire need again. My Unraid server was running fine for ~200 days and suddenly today as I wake it up with WOL I can't reach the WebUI. I started to ping the IP but I get "Destination Host Unreachable", so I plugged in a monitor but got no output. I did a hard reboot and now I have output.

I booted into normal Unraid and logged in as root. My eth0 still has the proper IP address that got assigned to it, so that's not the problem.

I then did a clean reboot from the root-login and booted up the safe mode.

In safe mode I still get the same problem (WebUI down, ping "Destination Host Unreachable"). I then started to look through the "syslog" and found a bunch of lines regarding eth0 and one instantly caught my eye: "device eth0 entered promiscuous mode"

Before this line there are statements that eth0 is active and live, after that line I get:

bond0: active interface up!

br0: port 1(bond0) entered blocking state

br0: port 1(bond0) entered forwarding state

e1000e 0000:28:00.0 eht0: link status definitely down

device eth0 left promiscuous mode

bond0: now running without any active interface!

br0: port 1(bond0) entered disabled state

These are repeated a couple of times and the syslog ends with this.

Any tips on what I should do next? I did not install anything new the last time the server was accessible.

Sorry, don't know how to back the diagnostics up with the console.

I just switched the network cables between my PC and the Unraid server and now the server is accessible again. The only strange part: my PC works fine with the cable that had problems on the server. I changed nothing else on the setup (so my PC is now using the same cable and is on the same switch port that the server used to have and vice versa).

I can provide diagnostics now, but I guess they won't be of any help as now everything is working fine (for now?)?

I know how to get the diagnostics when the GUI is available, but in the case described above I only had direct access on the machine it self. Is there a built-in command to generate the diagnostics zip through console? Just asking when this happens again so that I can provide the zip accordingly.

I will run with the cables switched for now to see if that was indeed the problem. Or do you guys have a different strategy in mind?