Port Mappings empty

Hello,

Apologies for the big post, attempting to include as much info from the get go for those who may be inclined to assist.

I am helping a friend out trying to resolve why his plex docker does not display the port mappings, like so.

image.png.014c15e2e13658472dddb3bc7645186b.png

However when running 'docker network inspect bridge' there is an IP assigned.

image.png.db81ce630c9fc959757313e165a3c62f.png

Sharing the run command.

docker run -d --name='plex' --net='Bridge' -e TZ="Australia/Perth" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e HOST_HOSTNAME="Tower" -e HOST_CONTAINERNAME="plex" -e 'VERSION'='docker' -e 'PLEX_CLAIM'='' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -e 'UMASK'='022' -l net.unraid.docker.managed=dockerman -l net.unraid.docker.webui='http://[IP]:[PORT:32400]/web/index.html' -l net.unraid.docker.icon='https://raw.githubusercontent.com/linuxserver/docker-templates/master/linuxserver.io/img/plex-logo.png' -v '/mnt/user/Tv Shows/':'/tv':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Movies/':'/movies':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/plex':'/config':'rw' 'linuxserver/plex'

I then attempted adding to a custom network with IP but was greeted with en error: "docker: Error response from daemon: user specified IP address is supported only when connecting to networks with user configured subnets."

image.png.a84a734b688e71c8b3de40b816375202.png

I confirmed the network name and network segments were correct. But that is the stretch of my so called "investigation". Please forgive my lack of knowledge.

image.png.bc008cd7c9dd3b83abd2a4a74405d22c.png

Additional info.

No errors in application log file that is accessible from the GUI.

The Web GUI link to open the docker in a web page does not attempt to open a webpage - like a dead link. The same is true for other networks, Host and Custom. Assigning br0 interface permits a manual IP to be assigned but cannot open the GUI, webpage opens and is dead in water from there.

As a last resort I deleted the docker image file and rebuilt from scratch. No change.

Would appreciate some guidance to investigate. Diagnostics file attached. Thanks for reading this far.

Cheers,
BigJobs

tower-diagnostics-20220825-1549.zip

Why are you running Plex as Bridge network type?  It's designed to be run as Host, and there are no ports in the default template because of this fact despite that Plex uses ~10 ports.  

Similarly, the dockerfile doesn't export any ports so as far as any system is concerned there's nothing to be shown because there are no ports exposed anywhere without explicitly specifying them in the template.

Thanks for the response Squid, Im the noob in question here.

Previously I had Plex set up under a custom network, through swag to reach my web domain with no issues. This worked fine until the recent breach where i reinstalled it.

I have changed to Host and added the claim which has worked and got it going but cant get it to the domain being on host.  i fell im missing something very obvious here.

*edit, im going to add port setting in the docker listed from Bruce, if that fails ill post back but disregard for now squid, im sure you have many other noobs to deal with and im happy to be one less for now. :)

Edited by Loony
possible solution

Thanks for the reply Squid. Gave me a lightbulb moment, we confirmed that for an unknown reason the Ports were removed from the docker. We tried versions from binhex and linux but same end result, we downloading the docker the ports were not pre configured. So we manually created new ones based off my install and this has worked. Simple really and cannot believe I missed something so basic.

To answer why Bridge? Bridge, Host, and custom proxynet all produced the same result, which I know understand why and can absolutely slap myself for.

Again, appreciate your time to point out the obvious.