Nvme not detected

jcarre

Hello everyone,

Yesterday one of my cache nvme suddenly disappeared, I rebooted and was able to take it out of the array. I then proceed with and xfs_repair but it failed. Today It was not even found in the missing addon and I restarted again. Now it now longers detects it. In the logs it keeps saying: XFS (nvme0n1p1): log I/O error -5

Funnily enough another drive is missing, which was used as cache for downloads.

How do I proceed? I can I format it through Unraid? Should I just take it out of the system?

Edit: The cache nvme in which I have my appdata / domains is listed as mounted but is also not accessible. Which makes me think something else is going on.

Thanks.

ivpiter-diagnostics-20220924-1449.zip ivpiter-syslog-20220924-1248.zip

Edited by jcarre
Sep 24 14:47:05 ivpiter kernel: nvme nvme0: controller is down; will reset: CSTS=0xffffffff, PCI_STATUS=0x10
Sep 24 14:47:05 ivpiter kernel: nvme nvme0: Removing after probe failure status: -19

NVMe device dropped offline, the below can sometimes help, also look for a BIOS update.

Some NVMe devices have issues with power states on Linux, try this, on the main GUI page click on flash, scroll down to "Syslinux Configuration", make sure it's set to "menu view" (on the top right) and add this to your default boot option, after "append initrd=/bzroot"

nvme_core.default_ps_max_latency_us=0

e.g.:

append initrd=/bzroot nvme_core.default_ps_max_latency_us=0

Reboot and see if it makes a difference.

I just updated my bios, which was few versions behind. I also added the line in my usb, and I also changed the usb because I was running out of ideas.

I still have the same problem, but now when the system boots, it shows the nvme correctly and I am able to browse it. After a while, it shows this errors:
blk_update_request: I/O error, dev nvme1n1, sector 151748736 op 0x1:(WRITE) flags 0x104000 phys_seg 18 prio class 0

followed by many more.

What also is troubling is the fact that my docker files are in my other nvme, but even though docker starts, none works, they all through a read error.

Thanks for the help!

Edit: After the error the nvme is showing incorrect data, which was not on there initially.

ivpiter-syslog-20220925-1029.zip ivpiter-diagnostics-20220924-1449.zip

image.png

After a reboot I started the array in maintenance mode and did a xfs_test which resulted in:

image.thumb.png.56da7b8a6ade65b383d0cc593dcb48c5.png

Edited by jcarre