Intel NUC11 freezes when running headless

Wastl

Hi All,

I have kind of a strange problem and could need some help. My System is an Intel NUC 11 (i5-1135G7) with 1 NVME SSD (no parity) and 32GB RAM running Unraid 6.11rc5. I use some dockers (openHAB, duplicati, pihole, etc.) an one Linux VM.

When I start the system in headless mode the system freezes after a couple of days without any obvious reason and I need to do a hard reset. Normaly I would say it's a hardware issue. But when I start Unraid with GUI the system runs fine. So the hardware should be fine, too.

Has anybody an idea what's the reason for this behaviour? Perhaps any power saving mode of Intel 11th Gen CPUs Unraid can't handle?

I appreciate every help! Thanks!

• 6 months later...

I never got it running. And I tried everything: ipvlan, blacklisting i915, install Intel-GPU-Top, with Plex docker an without, HDMI dummy plug, and a thousand other tips.

The hardware was totally fine because I had no issues with Windows, Truenas scale, proxmox, batocera, etc.

In the end I sold the NUC (NUC 11 i5) and switch to a Ryzen based Mini-PC. As of today I have 72 days uptime without any issues.

It seems like Unraid and Intel integrated graphics are not a good combination.