Use unraid without unraid.net connectivity?

Go to solution Solved by itimpi,

Hi,

I was about to install unraid when I noticed I need to have an unraid.net account for registration. Ok, fine.

But it also states that I can manage my unraid server from home by logging in to that account.

Is it possible to switch this feature off? I do not want unraid to be able to access my server in any way. Nor do I want anyone else to be able to access it from the internet.

What I am looking for is a solution that just downloads updates and such via the internet but does not "phone home" to check other stuff and it must not be reachable by the internet.

Thanks.

Greets,

Mark

13 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Yes, just log off from MyServers, internet connection is not required to run Unraid, unless you are using a trial key.

But if I log off from my servers, there is still an actual connection to my unraid server correct? I just can't use it. But if someone finds my credentials, uses them to log on to unraid.net he can still manage my server? Or can you disable "MyServers" on the unraid server itself?

• Solution
2 minutes ago, Mark12 said:

But if I log off from my servers, there is still an actual connection to my unraid server correct? I just can't use it. But if someone finds my credentials, uses them to log on to unraid.net he can still manage my server? Or can you disable "MyServers" on the unraid server itself?

There is no connection to your Unraid server unless you install the MyServers plugin.   The only slight exception is if you are running a Trial version of Unraid when a temporary outward connection is made to check the Trial licence when the array is started.  The Unraid server can only be accessed remotely if you have installed the MyServers plugin AND enabled that feature.