server crash/unresponsive

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

This morning my server was unresponsive/crashed.  GUI was unavailable, ping showed unreachable (so no ssh).

Looking at syslog, one second everything is normal then nothing until It starts booting up.    Since it was a dirty shutdown, parity check immediately started up which somewhat sucks because it takes a couple of days and it just finished running one last week (no errors).  Everything else started up and is running without issue.

From my understanding, such sudden crash/unresponsiveness points to  some type of hardware  issue.   Nothing has changed or been acting up on that front, so I'm not really sure where to begin.   Hoping somebody can point/guide me along a path to help identify the problem.    

I did make 3 changes a few days ago without any issue until this morning:

1) updated from 6.10.3 to 6.11

2) I changed emby to  transcode to 8g tmpfs, ramdisk (I always have 20G free) -- Also, this occurred after all dockers were restarted and emby had not been used since the restart.

3) I added the disable mitigation plugin

I don't think they are related, but without any error, I have no idea. I would think I would have seen something in the logs somewhere...right?

I do have syslog server running and have included the remote syslog file (syslog-10.10.10.1.log) in the diagnostics zip alongside the "normal" syslog.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, hopefully something stands out to someone. 

Thanks!

media1-diagnostics-20221003-1030.zip