[Support] devzwf - Pihole Sync

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Great set of dockers.  I have my sender on an Intel NUC running pihole in a docker and my receiver on my unRAID server.  I should probably flip them for data redundancy sake since I run a 3 disk SSD cache pool on unRAID but whatever I did it backwards.

I followed @geekazoid's instructions with one caveat.  For whatever reason I had to create my symlinks first and then map those as volumes.  If I did it the other way around the sender kept syncing the actual symlink to the receiver which of course doesnt work because of mismatched directory structures between unRAID and Ubuntu Server 22.04.  Other than that the setup was pretty straight forward and easy.

• 1 month later...

hi, I am in the process of setting up pihole-sync following the guide above. I have everything configured and if i create files in the pihole or dnsmasq.d directory files are transferred from my primary to the secondary pihole, but if i make a change in the primary dns it doesn't get loaded into the secondary's dns. ALSO on that time scale are transfers initiated currentlyI can only get a transfer by stopping ans starting the pihole sync sender.

Thanks

• 2 months later...

follow the quick start to a T and can't get the sync to work, just keeps saying Unable to initiate keyscan. Is the receiver online? even though the receiver is online, and i did the scp to make the authorized_keys file at root/.ssh

the sender just restarts over and over, the receiver doesn't do this

Edited by jcofer555