HP H240 detects backplane but not drives

Hi all.

To keep a long story short, I have a HP DL180G6 server which had a P410 raid card
The battery on the card died, and since I wanted to move to unraid anyway, I decided to not replace the battery and just get a new card.

I originally got a LSI card, but iv had problems with it (have another thread on that one)
but after getting stuck I got a HP H240 HBA card

Unraid detects the card fine, and detects the servers backplane, but no drives.
I booted to ubuntu live and installed the HP CLI tools, and again, it shows the card and backplane, but no drives.

I'm currently googling around trying to find a solution or a direction to head, but I figured it might be smart to ask the community as well, as im sure I'm not the only one running into this

I have attached the diagnostics from unraid, and a photo of the output from the cli tool (i tried to save it, but being a live cd I forgot it wouldn't save properly)

20221013_204257.jpg

nas01-diagnostics-20221013-2001.zip

8 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Since that's a RAID controller you likely need to create a JBOD/RAID0 volume for each device, but note that it's not recommended, and if later you change controllers you are likely going to run into problems.

The H240 is a HBA card, it has raid, but its set to HBA mode
Thats why i got it over the p410

I originally got the LSI card but I thought it might have had problems with the HP backplane, which is why I went for HP's HBA card

7 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

It's not a true HBA, it has a HBA mode that still might need volume creation, but I cannot help since I've never used one.

Reading online the point of this card is a HP card which supports proper IT / HBA and passes the drives though
Rather then the other HP raid cards which need volume creation

Either way, it still should show the phyisical disks on the command output, regardless of what raid or mode is setup on it
as you would use that to create the logical drives from within the command if your using raid mode