SATA Drives Not Appearing in Unraid (but are in BIOS)

Title says it all.  I have checked and the SATA controller is not in an IOMMU group with any of my GPUs which are passed through.

To give some background, my motherboard bricked (Asus Pro WS WRX80E-SAGE SE WIFI) and I have replaced it with a new one.  All drives and NVMEs are in the same location.  All of the NVMEs show up correctly but neither of the hard drives do.

As the title says I can see the SATA drives in the BIOS and the SATA mode is set to AHCI.

I see this in the logs but of course I can't figure out where to go from here:

Oct 30 10:59:27 Workstation kernel: ahci: probe of 0000:26:00.0 failed with error -22

Oct 30 10:59:27 Workstation kernel: ahci: probe of 0000:27:00.0 failed with error -22

Diagnostics attached.

workstation-diagnostics-20221030-1051.zip

Edited by SuperDodge
  • Like 1

Adding additional context here.  I checked and this motherboard is actually Rev1.1 vs Rev1 that it replaced.  I have another similar setup in place with no SATA drives (all NVMEs) using Rev1.1 of the motherboard and it apparently has the same error.

Do I seriously have a SATA controller that unraid isn't compatible with?

I was able to temporarily fix this issue by adding 

pci=nommconf

to my syslinux configuration.  This is letting me limp along for now but it appears to be causing issues with some of my VMs.

I got the idea from this thread:

https://forum.level1techs.com/t/solved-ubuntu-22-04-on-asus-wrx80e-sage-not-detecting-usb-and-m-2/186001/3

Still searching for the right answer.

Edited by SuperDodge
  • Like 1
  • 2 months later...