UNRAID KEEPS MOVING DRIVES TO UNASSIGNED

Go to solution Solved by trurl,

2 hours ago, MosteanuV said:

Lateley Unraid keeps messing the array and I have to restart the server to make it work again.

if drives that are part of the array or a pool suddenly appear under Unassigned Devices then this means they dropped offline and then re-connected with a different device Id. this is not unusual for USB connected devices but can occur with any connection type.

• Solution
14 minutes ago, MosteanuV said:

crashes the Boot disk

The boot disk can't really crash.

The Unraid OS runs in RAM. The flash drive just contains the archives of the OS, which are unpacked into RAM at boot, and it runs completely in RAM. Flash drive also saves settings from the webUI so they can be reapplied at boot.

When you have problems getting diagnostics what do you get from the command line with this?

df -h

You have completely filled rootfs, the space the OS runs in. When you fill rootfs, the OS will behave erratically and even crash since the OS no longer has any space to work in. Any path that isn't a path to a disk or user share is a path in rootfs. You need to figure out where you have specified a path in rootfs, perhaps a host path in one of your containers.

Reboot, disable Docker in Settings, then get diagnostics and attach to your NEXT post in this thread.

You have issues showing in FCP:

Nov  3 21:49:00 MainServer root: Fix Common Problems Version 2022.10.17
Nov  3 21:49:01 MainServer root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: Share Disk16 is set for both included (disk3) and excluded (disk1,disk2) disks ** Ignored
Nov  3 21:49:01 MainServer root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: Share Disk4 is set for both included (disk4) and excluded (disk1,disk2,disk3) disks
Nov  3 21:49:01 MainServer root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: Share movies is set for both included (disk1) and excluded (disk2) disks ** Ignored
Nov  3 21:49:01 MainServer root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: Share tvshows is set for both included (disk2) and excluded (disk1) disks ** Ignored
Nov  3 21:49:04 MainServer root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: NerdPack.plg Not Compatible with Unraid version 6.11.1 ** Ignored
Nov  3 21:49:05 MainServer root: Fix Common Problems: Error: Machine Check Events detected on your server
Nov  3 21:49:07 MainServer root: Fix Common Problems: Other Warning: dynamix.unraid.net Support Updated
Nov  3 21:49:07 MainServer root: Fix Common Problems: Other Warning: NerdTools Support Updated
Nov  3 21:49:08 MainServer root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: Share domains set to use pool cache, but files / folders exist on the plex pool ** Ignored

Start by correcting those.

53 minutes ago, trurl said:

You have completely filled rootfs, the space the OS runs in. When you fill rootfs, the OS will behave erratically and even crash since the OS no longer has any space to work in. Any path that isn't a path to a disk or user share is a path in rootfs. You need to figure out where you have specified a path in rootfs, perhaps a host path in one of your containers.

Reboot, disable Docker in Settings, then get diagnostics and attach to your NEXT post in this thread.

From what I see the moment I start Qbittorrent it starts filling in about 1 min to 100%
rootfs

/lib/firmware

/lib/modules

all with the same percentages. What could that be from?

Ok, I figured it out.

I was using Rclone to mount a drive with cache settings on and when qbittorrent was supposed to access it with cache it looks like it was filling up "rootfs".

After I mounted Rclone without the cache settings on, rootfs stopped filling up.

Thanks a lot for the help guys, couldn't do it without @trurl

• Like 1