Unable to see mellanox ethernet card

Go to solution Solved by Sinister,

Hello i recently changed motherboards to an asus p8z77 vlk i am unable to configure my 10GB mellanox card even though unraid can see it in system devices. in the network interfaces tab i am unable to see it, i have changed PCIE slots and deleted network.cfg from the unraid boot drive, i also tried vault-diagnostics-20221104-0824.zipturning on PCIE acs overide. Nothing seems to work i am at a serious loss please help. i have attached a copy of my diagnostics in hopes that it would help

44 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

This sometimes happens with some hardware combinations, unfortunately not yet clear why, try connecting the Mellanox in a different PCI slot if available, also change something in the network setting so that that network.cfg gets recreated, then delete it again and reboot.

so after trying what you suggested i still am unable to see the card in the network settings tab,

• Solution
7 hours ago, JorgeB said:

IIRC one of my server did this if I started with a new Unraid install, if I have the time during the weekend I'll see if I can find anything that helps.

So i resolved this i resolved this with my specific board by changing the PCIE slot bandwith negotiation from 2x to 4x within the bios, once i did this the card showed up successfully and allowed me to configure it. I also updated unraid from 6.9.2 to 6.11

On 11/5/2022 at 4:25 AM, JorgeB said:

This was my bad, I missed that you were on an old release, there were some changes done to the detect NICs script on v6.10, though it's still not perfect. 

It originally showed up on 6.9.2 once i made the bios change, but in my search for answers i also read on forums here that there were issues with my release though i did not have any before changing boards. I still thought it best to update to latest version.