"My Servers" disconnects/reconnects; Server name changed to Tower & half my dockers WebUI will not load

Go to solution Solved by Daburgers,

Hi All (forgive my boring display name),

I recently upgraded all my hardware for my unraid server just a few days ago and merged all my data from my cache drive to a new one (I don't technically use it as a cache drive, I have appdata and other things stored here). Prior to the upgrade, everything was working as it should, however, the hardware was old and not great as I wanted to do more with my service. So I made sure dockers were turned off and disabled while I did the move. After the upgrade, everything was working fine. I was able to stream plex, was able to create VMs, etc. Then today, I noticed a few things:

1. My server name changed to "Tower" (used to be called "NAS")
2. "My Servers" keeps disconnecting and reconnecting every minute on its own throughout the day. Once it reconnects, it shows that it is remaining connected, but if I refresh the page, it shows that it is not.
3. Half my docker's WebUI will not work. I get the error "This site can’t be reached" - ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED.

4. I am sure there are some other things but have not noticed just yet

Dockers like binhex's qbitorrent, deluge, and jackett were all having the same issue. Sonarr, Radarr, and plex are all still working fine. 

My array is working fine without issues from what I can tell. I upgraded from 6.11.1 to 6.11.5 and still made no change. Checked the "Fixed common problems" which found no errors.  I deleted the VM as this was the last thing I had implemented before realizing the issues, but this made no difference. I disabled all dockers and VMs as well, no change either.

I am new to Unraid and so some things are hard for me to wrap my head around. However, I have seen enough forum posts to know that uploading the diagnostic logs is a must😛 My knowledge of UnRaid is still fairly limited, but I do what I can to research through the UnRaid Guide, forum posts here, and youtube tutorials. Nevertheless, I really do appreciate any help that can be provided to get UnRaid back up and running like it was. 

Hardware I am now running:
- Asus Prime Z690-p WIFI DDR5 (wifi was cheaper at the time!!!)
- Nvidia Quadro RTX 5000
- Intel i7-12700k
- Samsung 980 Pro 2tb NVME
- 2 x 16gb g.skill trident z5
- 13 x HDD's

Previous Hardware:
- Asus Tuf B350m-plus gaming
- Ryzen 3 2200g

- Intel 256gb nvme (unsure of the specific model)
- 2 x 4GB g.skill DDR4 Ripjaws V

- 13 x HDD's

Lastly, my Logs are attached below with some images of "My Servers" showing before and after the disconnect/reconnect. If there is anything missing, please do let me know and will provide it.

3.png

2.png

1.png

tower-diagnostics-20221208-1558.zip

Edited by plex
16 hours ago, plex said:

2. "My Servers" keeps disconnecting and reconnecting every minute on its own throughout the day. Once it reconnects, it shows that it is remaining connected, but if I refresh the page, it shows that it is not.

Can you walk me through this in a bit more detail? What page are you refreshing? Are you seeing any error messages? What makes you think it is disconnecting and reconnecting every minute?

If it helps, you might try capturing the behavior in a Loom video: https://www.loom.com/

If you feel the details are private, feel free to send it to me in a DM.

The page I am refreshing is both "My Servers Dashboard" (https://forums.unraid.net/my-servers/) as it shows it connecting and disconnecting and also the Unraid WebUI as my server name disappears and reappears. I spent about 15 mins watching it and it seems to vary. a couple of times it will change after a minute, sometimes longer. If i refresh the page, it connects briefly and then goes offline.

In UnRaid itself, the name of the Server (Tower) up the top right will disappear/reappear. FYI, I have since changed the name manually back to NAS.

Thanks for the suggestion of loom! Great idea. Recording below shows this happening in My Serves Dashboard.

https://www.loom.com/share/b2f37955ff24442f83e9b26dba6ecaf7

Initially there were no errors, however not long after posting ont his forum, I received a "UNEXPECTED TOKEN '<'" error under My Servers in unraid webui. Now just after recording with loom, I just refreshed the unraid server WebUI and now I am receiving an API Error (API disconnected itself). If i refresh the page it goes away, and comes back etc. I attached a screenshot of where I had received BOTH errors.

Again, I am extremely thankful for the assistance. Please let me know if there is anything else needed from me, more than happy to do and try anything!

Edit: Ok, so I managed to get a snippet of the Unexpected token '<'," error occurring in the Unraid WebUI and have attached it below. Also managed to resolve the issues I was having with dockers. Turned out that NordVPN had changed my service credentials, just the password. I realised this when I noticed that the 3 dockers having issues had VPN enabled. Nothing else in my server uses vpn.

Still experiencing the API and Unexpected Token errors in both Unraid WebUI and in https://forums.unraid.net/my-servers/.

4.jpg

5.png

Edited by plex

So the issues with my dockers turned out to be only ones which included vpn settings. ie. jackettvpn, binhex-delugevpn etc. Somehow nordvpn changed my service credential password. I never changed it. so I went back into each of those dockers and updated the password which got them working.

As for the unexpected token error and the API error, not yet. Still having this issue. I will join the discord server as suggested by ljm42 probably tomorrow to share a screenshot.

• 1 month later...
  • Solution
On 12/16/2022 at 12:02 PM, lovefisher said:

I have the same fault as you, did you finally fix it?

Yes actually, just recently there was a "my servers" app update. After updating this, the issue has gone.

If this doesn't fix it for you, maybe remove the app and reinstall it.