"Your flash drive is corrupted or offline. Post your diagnostics in the forum for help."

stottle
Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

I upgraded from 6.9.3 to 6.11.5 yesterday.  Everything I tested (mostly plex and a windows VM) looked to be working fine.

Then I started getting the subject message on the UI.  The requested diagnostics are attached.

If it matters, I was messing with a nextcloud docker container that I haven't touched in a while, and had run Settings->Management Access->Provision to try to get rid of ssh warnings in accessing the UI when I started getting this error.

What are the recommended steps here?

TIA

tower2-diagnostics-20221225-1146.zip

Flash drive problems:

Dec 25 11:42:55 Tower2 kernel: FAT-fs (sda1): Directory bread(block 488) failed
Dec 25 11:42:55 Tower2 kernel: FAT-fs (sda1): Directory bread(block 489) failed
Dec 25 11:42:55 Tower2 kernel: FAT-fs (sda1): Directory bread(block 490) failed
Dec 25 11:42:55 Tower2 kernel: FAT-fs (sda1): Directory bread(block 491) failed

Make sure it's using a USB 2.0 port, then try re-formatting the flash drive, if issues persist replace it.

On 12/26/2022 at 4:33 AM, JorgeB said:

Make sure it's using a USB 2.0 port, then try re-formatting the flash drive, if issues persist replace it.

1) USB port - it is in the same 2.0 port it has been in for a very long time, with no issues until now.

2) Re-format - what is on the flash drive vs. elsewhere on the system?  Are the flash contents backed up somewhere so I can replace them if I re-format the flash drive?

FWIW - The UI came up (although in what looked like a daytime theme instead of the usual nighttime theme), and I could start the array so most functionality seems to be working.  Root of this question is if/how I can keep my system intact if I re-format the flash drive.

3) Replace - same as #2, but with `Root of this question is if/how I can keep my system intact if I re-formatreplace the flash drive.`

I appreciate the help