Looking for a motherboard recommendation please!

I am looking to change out my motherboard for one that had more pcie lanes. I need to be able to run 2 gpu in x16 slots (1 for a steam vm and 1 for plex transcoding) and 1 hba in an x8 slot. I also have 2 nvme drives using pcie x1 adapters I need to be able to use, and an add on nic in a x1 slot. 

Running a Ryzen 1600x first gen processor, but would like the option to be able to upgrade that or still run it for now with a new motherboard. 

My current motherboard has limited ability to use the onboard nvme slots and also have full use of multiple pcie slots at full speed oreven at all. 

Thanks everyone! 

Depending on what you have, you can probably run two video cards in x16 slots in x8 mode.  Pretty sure you will have to do something completely different motherboard and cpu wise if you want a true x16/x16 setup.  If you're current setup supports it you should try x8/x8 and see if it gets the job done for you without having to buy new gear.

2 hours ago, Rhuarc said:

My current motherboard has limited ability to use the onboard nvme slots and also have full use of multiple pcie slots at full speed oreven at all

Most consumer-grade CPUs/Motherboards only support 24-28 PCIe lanes. 

In the AMD world, you will likely need to go to Threadripper (64 PCIe lanes) or Threadripper Pro (128 PCIe lanes). 

In the Intel world it is the datacenter-focused Xeon CPUs (Silver, Gold, Platinum, etc.) and MBs to get more PCIe lanes.

• 3 weeks later...

Supermicro has some X9 and X10 Motherboards with Dual Processors.

You will have enough RAM slots, PCIe sockets... I have one with dual GPUs, dual HBA's, and several Nvme drives with Adapters. Sounds like it would work for you. You wont be able to get there with Ryzen, there are not enough PCIe lanes and sockets. Sever boards are the only way to get there.