[Plex] Getting Plex docker to be able to follow symlink in unraid host OS to Unassigned Devices Plus External USB drive

I have a lot of movies on external exfat formated USB drives. I was able to use the Unassiged Devices Plus plug in to mount these drives. When I SSH into the unraid host, I can see their contents in /mnt/disks/[NAME_OF_DRIVE] .

I am running Plex Media Server official app (which I set up the docker settings to have its data drive be: /mnt/user/PlexMedia/ , which is a setup for high-water share of all the disks in my Array Devices. When I logged into unraid SSH, I used the SSH plugin by docgyver to su into my non-root account, which I set the UID and GUID in the Plex docker settings to. Using that account, I created a link from /mnt/disks/[NAME_OF_DRIVE] to /mnt/user/PlexMedia. I tried this direct and relative.

Both times, when I went to Plex to add the content from those folders (which are symlinks to the files on the external USB, Plex shows the symbolic link as greyed out. 

When I connect to the Plex console to check things out, I see: 

4 lrwxrwxrwx 1 plex users  22 Jan  7 00:04  MOVIES_EXT -> ../../disks/MOVIES_EXT

However, that relative path doesn't work because the parent directory is root for the docker container. 

I tried to run it as privileged but that didn't solve the problem.

How can I have a symlink in the data folder on the Unraid Host that can be resolved by Plex in its docker so that my movie files can be added? 

Thank you if you choose to help!