unRaid becomes unresponsive and requires reboot

unwejaton-diagnostics-20230108-0848.zipCan anyone look through the log and figure out why the server is becoming unresponsive, this has happened 2 times already this week? I am not sure what is happening. This server has a ZFS pool.

When it hangs i can not SSH into server or anything, it just completely locks up. Only a reboot solves the issue.

I think CA backup is causing it, lastnights backup is only 11GB vs usual 360GB. So i have the backup pointed to a ZFS share, is that bad? i only have a 512GB SSD in array since i mainly use this server as nextcloud/steam library/game servers on the ZFS pool. I could chuck a spinner in the array and just use it as the backup drive.......

Edited by kaine1688
  • 3 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, kaine1688 said:

I enabled it, but there is no log being generated? and a crash happened today

image.thumb.png.553d13d1b1081d95c8fe827e0337aee4.png

Looks like you missed the last step where you enter the IP address of your Unraid server into the Remote Server field so that the server logs to itself :( 

An alternative is to use the option to mirror to flash but this is often not desirable if you want to minimise writes to the flash drive.

Jan 27 02:03:50 unRaidPlex kernel: macvlan_broadcast+0x10a/0x150 [macvlan]
Jan 27 02:03:50 unRaidPlex kernel: macvlan_process_broadcast+0xbc/0x12f [macvlan]

Macvlan call traces are usually the result of having dockers with a custom IP address and will end up crashing the server, upgrading to v6.10 or later and switching to ipvlan should fix it (Settings -> Docker Settings -> Docker custom network type -> ipvlan (advanced view must be enabled, top right))

10 hours ago, JorgeB said:
Jan 27 02:03:50 unRaidPlex kernel: macvlan_broadcast+0x10a/0x150 [macvlan]
Jan 27 02:03:50 unRaidPlex kernel: macvlan_process_broadcast+0xbc/0x12f [macvlan]

Macvlan call traces are usually the result of having dockers with a custom IP address and will end up crashing the server, upgrading to v6.10 or later and switching to ipvlan should fix it (Settings -> Docker Settings -> Docker custom network type -> ipvlan (advanced view must be enabled, top right))

Sounds good, both servers are on 6.11.5, swapped them both. Will circle back if i see similar happens again. Thanks

Thought maybe after stuffing 10gig nics in both server something was wrong with them, but then again i did only see this issue after i upgraded from 6.8