Need Recovery Help Please

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

First, I realize I have a flakey port replicator or something.  It can sometimes drop a drive.

I had a drive drop from the array.  I took a diagnostic and then rebooted.  Then took a second diagnostic.

I toggled the drive to empty then back to the original drive.  I've done this in the past and it just rebuilt and everything was fine.

However, today ALL the disks say "Unmountable: Volume not encrypted".  I'm worried it already killed everything as it auto started the rebuild, but I hit stop right away.  No it's trying to Stop the array but not finishing.  It's reporting the drive activity is 0, but the status at the bottoms says "Array Stopping • Retry unmounting disk share(s).."

Have I just corrupted everything?

reality-diagnostics-20230111-0735.zip reality-diagnostics-20230111-0841.zip

• Solution

That should not cause btrfs corruption errors, a single pass of memtest is no proof that everything is OK, just that if it's a RAM problem it's not a major one, run a correcting scrub then if no errors are found or all are corrected reset the stats and keep monitoring for new errors.

For the other problem, looks more like an issue caused by all the crashes, reboot and post new diags after array start.

• Thanks 1

Oh, and the 4 drives that are setup btrfs aren't connected that way.  I'd guess any corruption there would have been from the system locking up and having to hard power it off.  :(

Ok, this time all the disks mounted normally and show they're xfs.  (With the disk that dropped being rebuilt.)

Running that scrub on my scratch cache drives now.

I guess it just needed me to tattle on it to do what it normally does when I have to reset a drive.