Nextcloud upload/download limit around 2Gb bottleneck SWAG?

DrBobke

Hi everyone, I have been running an own Nextcloud instance for over a year, protected by a reverse proxy SWAG, setup like SpaceInvader one's channel.  Everything has been working great (except for last week, when I also had an issue with SWAG, whihc luckily was sorted thanks to this forum).

However, I am sharing a lot of photos and personal videos with family and friends and I often get the feedback that they can't download things from my Nextcloud, which is larger in size (it appears that anything below around 2Gb is fine, but above it times out). I did read some comments on the forum, that it would be SWAG which is the bottleneck, but there doesn't seem to be a solution. So I am using Nextcloud, MariaDB, DuckDNS and Swag.

I was just trying to install Nginx to see if this would work, using Ibracorps' video, but when he goes into cloudflare and dns custom domains etc, I am lost.  I don't have a setup that intrecate, nor am I able to configure the things he is doing. This has already cost me well over 3 hours to try and figure out, but thought it would be better to ask help here.

Since I can't seem to find an alternative explanation from spaceinvaderone on using nginx, or moving over things from swag to nginx and I am not too familiar with unraid, I don't want to screw anything up (I have a lot of folders and files on my cloud). But I do want to try and sort the timeout issues that family and friends are encountering.

Anything I can try to sort it out?

Thanks in advance,

best regards,

DrBobke

Edited by DrBobke
23 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

There is nothing special to do with NPM for nextcloud which is likely the reason for no video since it's straightforward. Add proxy host, enter http / IP / port, create new cert on SSL tab and that's it.

Yeah, I don't think it is that straightforward.  Port forwarding etc is easy, but my swag is created with the duckdns which I created, again, easy, so is the setup of nginx I think, but I am struggling with setting up the cloudflare bit.  I created an account, but I don't have a website to use for this, nor can I find the DNS settings.  The Cname I can't setup via duckdns (or at least, I haven't found that). I even tried making an account with freedns.afraid.org, but that didn't really work either.

I obviously have an "nextcloud.duckdns.org" site, but I assume that is not what I have to input there? Also, do I then just stop the SWAG docker container and run the nginx, or is there something more to it?

Hi Kilrah, that is awesome, thanks for that! However, it seems that with SWAG, I am getting the time-out errors for folders/files which are bigger than +-2Gb.  I read somewhere people reporting it to be swag which is the factor for timing out, I am trying/wanting to get rid of that error, that is why I am looking to fix Nginx or something else. Unless there is a setting in SWAG somewhere I can change to not have the error anymore... 🙂 

Thank you for replying!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 8/20/2023 at 4:47 PM, Sinister said:

Were you able to get this figured out ?

Try adding this to the the conf

proxy_set_header Host $host;
proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Proto $scheme;
proxy_set_header X-Real-IP $remote_addr;
proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
proxy_buffering off;
proxy_max_temp_file_size 16384m;
client_max_body_size 0;

• Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Many thanks, I was having issue to download files bigger than 1GB, this fixed it.
FYI, I am using nextcloud behind NPM (Nginx Proxy Manager), and all I had to do is add those lines to the "Custom Nginx Configuration" in the "Advanced" tab of the Nextcloud Proxy Host configuration.

Edited by LoloNZ
typo