My shares are gone

Pikador
Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hi,

Yesterday I needed to separate one of the cache drives. I had two nvme 512GB drives. So I did this:

1. Disabled Docker and VMs in the options.

2. Set all my shares to Cache: Yes.

3. Called in mover to move everything to the array.

4. Stop the array.

Everything looked ok. I separated the disk, created the cache again. After starting the array and set my shares as they were, I decided to help the mover copy the files (it took 8 hours to move from the cache to array) so I logged in via ssh and decided to help the mover a bit and copied the files manually via mc (Midnight Commander) from disks to cache. And I lost my user shares:

SCR-20230210-pp8.thumb.jpeg.10c5d4301d92b07a350973ef9277c6fe.jpeg

user directory become user0 and all shares are there. And that's my problem (except for my stupidity). Symlinks are gone or so... Can't rename user0 to user or remove user? Error: transport endpoint is not connected(107). Help please...

SCR-20230210-pqc-2.thumb.jpeg.b5bbac8fb151293a42e91719ddcd8efe.jpeg

Edited by Pikador
34 minutes ago, Pikador said:

Yes. Reboot helped. All shares in places. Big THX JorgeB. Can I safely move everything from user0 to user and delete it?

NO!   If you try that you will lose all your files

you should read this section of the the online documentation accessible via the ‘Manual’ link at the bottom of the GUI or the DOCS link at the top of each forum page.   It explains the role of the /mnt/user and /mnt/user0 mount points.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, itimpi said:

NO!   If you try that you will lose all your files

you should read this section of the the online documentation accessible via the ‘Manual’ link at the bottom of the GUI or the DOCS link at the top of each forum page.

Yeah, actually I did now. Thx again for help guys.