Host crashes as specific dockers are used

xxlbug

Hi everyone,

i need your help on how to diagnose my problem: I have several docker services running. Since a couple of weeks ago (i updated to 6.11.5 not sure if i had the problems before) at least two specific dockers are crashing the whole unraid system but i can't figure out what the underlying problem is.

The situation is always the same, docker service gets started, does something ranging from a couple of seconds to over an hour and then when i get back to check all of unraid is unresponsive, no ssh, no web etc.

I restart and see nothing in the logs of the service or unraid, the parity checks out fine, quick smart test is ok and i can let other dockers run fine for a couple of days until i start up the specific dockers and everything goes bad once again.

My guess is either that some hdd access has bad results or that my reconfiguring of my network interface for vpn usage with docker has something to do with it but since i only see unraid logs from when i restarted and the dockers produce no error logs i'm not sure how to process. I'm especially baffled how a docker container can bring down the whole unraid system.

Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to approach the diagnosis best?

Thank you kindly

xxlbug