Replaced cache drive and lost shares

SVThuh

I upgraded the m.2 cache drive, and I just sent it, I didn't do a backup and now the old drive is formatted.  I screwed up. I no longer have any shares setup.

I see the share config files on the USB though, so Im wondering if there is a way to recover the share/user info off of the usb and back onto the cache.  

Im an idiot.. Thanks for helping me out with this.

52688971702_ed9cd9d5ab_b.jpg

52688971717_e705c53b2d_b.jpg

tower-diagnostics-20230214-1533.zip

Edited by SVThuh
corrected info

I am confused as your question does not really make sense :( I think I must be missing something?

A User Share is just a combined view of the top level folder corresponding to the share name across all array drives and pools.  It is not tied to the cache drive in any way.   You still seem to have share configuration files intact so in that sense the information for them is still there.

If you meant you have lost the content of the parts of the shares that were on the flash drive then unless you have backups elsewhere that content will be lost.

Just now, itimpi said:

I am confused as your question does not really make sense :( I think I must be missing something?

A User Share is just a combined view of the top level folder corresponding to the share name across all array drives and pools.  It is not tied to the cache drive in any way.   You still seem to have share configuration files intact so in that sense the information for them is still there.

If you meant you have lost the content of the parts of the shares that were on the flash drive then unless you have backups elsewhere that content will be lost.

Yeah, sorry.. All I did was replace the cache drive with a larger nvme.  Started everything up, shares are missing.  I was thinking that the share configs were stored on the cache drive as a result.. Any idea why the shares are missing now?  I was going to just wait for the parity to finish rebuilding and then reboot and recheck, but Im sleep deprived and a little spun out right now. 

Thank you for the help.

22 minutes ago, SVThuh said:

Yeah, sorry.. All I did was replace the cache drive with a larger nvme.  Started everything up, shares are missing.  I was thinking that the share configs were stored on the cache drive as a result.. Any idea why the shares are missing now?  I was going to just wait for the parity to finish rebuilding and then reboot and recheck, but Im sleep deprived and a little spun out right now. 

Thank you for the help.

The share configs ARE stored on the flash drive.    What shares are missing?   

Just now, itimpi said:

Have you tried rebooting?   If not then I suggest doing so and if the problem persists post new diagnostics taken after the reboot.

Another issue is that you not on the latest Unraid release and the one you are on has a bug that does not give us much information on shares in the diagnostics.

Copy that.  Thank you.  I will let the parity rebuild finish, reboot and recheck.. I will also look at updating the OS.

Thanks!