Docker filling up fast

Honest Abe

Well I tried updated a Port Range, which caused the docker run command to fail and delete the container. Currently at work so I am not sure of the damage, but when I was remotely installing the container back, I realized that the user folder that was inside the mnt folder wasn't on the cache drive I had selected. Once I went back up and was able to select my cache drive, I believe that fixed it, but I am not sure at what cost. I have backups of my world so it should be ok. I'll report back later tonight.

So I got home and the server won't start. It's odd. If I pull a backup from yesterday at 2 am, it runs. But not the files from right before I accidently deleted the container.

I am currently making a new MineOS server to run over night to confirm the docker image does not begin filling up

Was able to get it back up and running. If anyone accidently deletes their MineOS UnRAID container, just copy paste over the files from your old server to a new instance and that should work. Feel free to ask me about this if this doesn't make sense.

As far as my docker image goes, I will continue to monitor and report back.

I am running into this issue,  any thoughts, anything I should try?

Update
I am updating my Jupypter hub with a 4GB image, which downloads fine and then fails.

Notification pops up

Docker critical image disk utilization: 06-03-2023 15:26

Alert [TOWER] - Docker image disk utilization of 90%
Docker utilization of image file /mnt/user/system/docker/docker.img

Docker critical image disk utilization: 06-03-2023 15:27

Alert [TOWER] - Docker image disk utilization of 99%
Docker utilization of image file /mnt/user/system/docker/docker.img

root@Tower:/mnt/user/system/docker# ls -altr
total 20971520
drwxrwxrwx 1 root   root            0 Aug  7  2019 ./
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users          48 Dec 18  2020 ../
-rw-rw-rw- 1 nobody users 21474836480 Mar  6 15:57 docker.img

Space

Name                                              Container                Writable                 Log

Backblaze_Personal_Backup                         2.66 GB                  0 B                      32.2 MB
MS-SQL-Server                                     1.47 GB                  89.0 kB                  371 kB
jupyterlab                                        1.41 GB                  153 kB                   68.9 kB
ApacheGuacamole                                   1.31 GB                  182 MB                   8.58 kB
binhex-sabnzbd                                    1.27 GB                  131 MB                   51.3 kB
binhex-sonarr                                     1.17 GB                  40.5 MB                  1.91 MB
binhex-radarr                                     1.03 GB                  158 MB                   480 kB
pihole_1                                          379 MB                   57.1 MB                  11.1 kB
pihole_2                                          346 MB                   23.9 MB                  11.1 kB
Portainer-CE                                      272 MB                   0 B                      61.6 kB
vm_custom_icons                                   33.3 MB                  0 B                      439 B
Total size                                        11.4 GB                  593 MB                   35.2 MB

Mapped Folders
/data/mnt/user/appdata/data
/media/mnt/user
/config/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-radarr

/data/mnt/user/Downloads/TVShows/
/config/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-sabnzbd

/data/mnt/user/Downloads/TVShows/
/media/mnt/user
/config/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-sonarr

/config/mnt/user/appdata/ApacheGuacamole

/drive_d//mnt/user/
/config/mnt/user/appdata/Backblaze_Personal_Backup

/var/opt/mssql/data/mnt/user/appdata/mssql/data/
/var/opt/mssql/log/mnt/user/appdata/mssql/log/
/var/opt/mssql/secrets/mnt/user/appdata/mssql/secrets/

/var/run/docker.sock/var/run/docker.sock
/data/mnt/user/appdata/portainer-ce

/opt/app/data/mnt/user/appdata/jupyterlab/notebooks
/appdata/mnt/user/appdata/jupyterlab/config

/unraid_vm_icons/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.vm.manager/templates/images
/config/mnt/user/appdata/vm_custom_icons

/etc/pihole//mnt/user/appdata/pihole/pihole1/
/etc/dnsmasq.d//mnt/user/appdata/pihole/dnsmasq.d/

/etc/pihole//mnt/user/appdata/pihole/pihole2/
/etc/dnsmasq.d//mnt/user/appdata/pihole/dnsmasq.d/

Edited by newmember
On 2/26/2023 at 5:02 PM, trurl said:

It's not really full, maybe just full enough to give a warning.

Does it ever actually fill completely?

On 3/8/2023 at 12:05 PM, trurl said:

Maybe just increase the size of docker.img another 10G

This suggestion was just to give you enough extra space so it doesn't give a warning. Maybe even make it 20G larger. If it really does fill up completely then you need to figure out which application is writing to a path that isn't mapped.

8 hours ago, trurl said:

Does it ever actually fill completely?

This suggestion was just to give you enough extra space so it doesn't give a warning. Maybe even make it 20G larger. If it really does fill up completely then you need to figure out which application is writing to a path that isn't mapped.

It does fill completely and I have to restart or move the data location for the image to empty.