brand new setup, neither of my disks is mountable

at0m

brand new machine, brand new hardware, got it booted up and connected to the internet, configured one drive with no parity, tried to start the array, and it says its unmountable. I don't see a format option anywhere and can't find any info searching the forums with google other than a previous bug screwing up formatting drives larger than 2TB. Patch notes say that bug should be fixed, and both drives are 2TB anyways so I don't see how that might factor in. Diagnostics attached.

tower-diagnostics-20230215-2242.zip

2 hours ago, at0m said:

I don't see a format option anywhere

A drive needs to be formatted by Unraid before it can be used for storing data.    If you did not find format then you probably did not look hard enough as  there is always an option to format unmountable drives under Main->Array operations.   You should always check, though, that no drives showing there are thought to have data as the format operation wipes any existing data on the drives.

Is it working OK now?

15 hours ago, itimpi said:

You should always check, though, that no drives showing there are thought to have data as the format operation wipes any existing data on the drives.

If you ever get an unmountable disk that should have data on it, don't format. Ask for help.

Also, format is never part of rebuilding a disk.