USB Flashing issues

Azarog
Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hi I had the "corrupted flash device" for some time but i ignored it and at one point I had to reboot the server and it got stuck.

Hopefully i did a flash backup end of january (which is recent enough for me)

I took a new USB key and tried, using the Unraid USB Flash Creator :

1. from a local image (using the downloaded zip file of my backup) -> stuck booting with something about DHCP (which i think i was not using)
  2. from a fresh install, deleting config folder and pasting the backup config folder -> booting but webserver nginx 404 and safe mode (no plugin no gui) empty, cant access my array (nothing on /mnt/

Also, on fresh install with old config folder, the server name is generic Tower not the one i gave my server in old config ... 

I'm a bit lost, I don't know what to do. 

Alirhgt thanks, i tried that.

My exact steps were :

1. make fresh install using last stable release (using a new usb stick)
  2. drag and dropping (in config folder of the new install)
    1. entire pools folder,
    2. entire shares folder
    3. Trial.key (i guess it's the key eventhough im not on trial anymore) EDIT: I found the "Plus" key
    4. docker.cfg
  3. Booting up using the key

I was greeted with the web login page but after filling the "new password" impossible to get in, loggin in just "reloaded the page"

Can you be more explicit about "the bare minimum" ? 

I mean, is there an exhaustive list of the bare minimum files ? Im worried about my shares too, as they are scatterred accross all disks.

EDIT 2: Adding context

Edited by Azarog

Ok, last post (i hope).

That did it for me.

1 hour ago, JorgeB said:

That suggests the backup is no good or incomplete, see if you can copy the bare minimum, like your key, super.dat, pools folder and the docker templates, then reconfigure the rest.

My drives were automatically pre assigned to their respective slot in the array settings.

I had to reassign the cache devices and when i started the array everything came back (docker + VM)

I had to do the key migration though it did not work live for me (pasting the url, error 4) i had to paste the downloaded file into the config, but that worked.