Slow disk to array

I've rebuilt my array, so I'm copying data from my backup disk (unassigned device, ext4) to my array (encrypted xfs) using rsync. SATA HDDs across the same SAS/SATA interface.

It's copying at about 100GB per hour, which I make out to be about 222Mb/s - is this a bit slow, surely? I've disabled the parity build in case that helps, but doesn't seem to...

9 hours ago, trurl said:

What do you mean by that? Did you actually unassign the parity disk?

No, just tried pausing it and then cancelling it. They're all freshly formatted disks anyway (so I'm not risking anything putting it off until later when all the data is copied over)

Edited by banterer
5 minutes ago, banterer said:

No, just tried pausing it and then cancelling it. They're all freshly formatted disks anyway (so I'm not risking anything putting it off until later when all the data is copied over)

If the parity disk is still assigned then Unraid will still be trying to update it even though you have not finished creating valid parity.  There would be no difference in performance between pausing it and cancelling it.

5 hours ago, itimpi said:

If the parity disk is still assigned then Unraid will still be trying to update it even though you have not finished creating valid parity.  There would be no difference in performance between pausing it and cancelling it.

Ah ok, I get it. So I've paused the rebuild, not the writing to disk. Fair enough.

What about the speed, 222Mb/s seems slow for going across a SATA interface does it not? My Internet connection is 4 times faster than that...