We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

I/O bottleneck?

I'm new to UnRaid and I'm loving it so far. However, I'm running into some sort of bottleneck and I could use some help pinning down exactly what's going on. To start, here's the hardware I've got in the server:

Case: Rosewill 4U RSV-L4412

Mobo: Asus Prime B450-A II (AMD AM4 mATX)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 4500 (6c/12t)

RAM: Teamgroup 32GB 3200MHz CL22

NvME (Cache): Silicon Power 1TB PCIe Gen3

Drives (array): 7x WL 4TB 5400RPM 64MB cache (2 for parity) | 2x 4TB WD Red Plus 5400RPM 128MB cache

Sata Controller: ACTIMED PCIe 16 port SATA 3.0 

PSU: Cooler Master MasterWatt 750 80+ Bronze

GPU (HW transcoding): EVGA GTX 1050ti 4GB

I built this a couple of weeks ago and so far I've only used it for Plex (though I have plans to use it for a whole lot more). For the media suite, I'm using Overseer, Radarr, Sonarr, and Sabnzbd. The issue comes in when content is grabbed by sab. If it's only 1 file, everything is fine. It downloads it, repairs/unpacks it, and kicks it to its completed folder. Radarr picks the file up, renames it, and then puts it in the completed folder that Plex can see. All of this happens on cache first, and then later is moved to the array. 

When there are multiple files downloading at a time, the issue arises. The entire server will become unresponsive, plex stops playing anything you're currently watching, and download speeds in sab will slow to a crawl. This gets so bad that I'll have to stop sab so the UnRaid dashboard is usable, and then restart the entire server. 

I know this has to be some type of I/O bottleneck, but I'm just not familiar enough with this stuff to know where to look to confirm my suspicion. I'm planning in the near future to upgrade my desktop, and when I do, I'll be upgrading the server with a 3900x and a full ATX B450 Tomahawk board. 

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!