[SUPPORT] Terratrax - Nextcloud Multimedia

Hi Goldbondx, you might try the regular support forums and see if they can help on the front end of the app.  The only difference between this docker image and the stock one for version 26 is the addition of the libraries needed for the facial recognition apps, which sounds like are working OK so my guess is that it has something to do with the Recognize plugin configuration itself, of which I'm not an expert unfortunately!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/23/2023 at 4:58 AM, terratrax said:

If you already have Nextcloud installed using the stock image then you shouldn't need to delete it.  Just change the image and you should be good to go!

Hi,

I already have Nextcloud and MariaDB installed and using it together. 

How do I update the existing Nextcloud install to this one?

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/24/2023 at 9:17 AM, terratrax said:

There were some incompatibilities with the base image a couple of revisions ago that made this impossible or difficult.  Let me give it another go, will update within the next week!

I just set up the Linuxserver's Nextcloud. The good thing is that it comes with SSL. The bad thing is that it is hard to install pdlib and it cannot install/use any Office document server build-in. I am looking forward to your masterpiece.

On 11/23/2023 at 7:17 PM, terratrax said:

There were some incompatibilities with the base image a couple of revisions ago that made this impossible or difficult.  Let me give it another go, will update within the next week!

I took a stab at fixing the dockerfile you had. here is the updated one.

Changes:

changed the base nextcould instance to nextcloud:27.1.4-apache

had to change the from libopenblas-base to dev since base wasn't available

version in COPY --from=builder /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20220829/pdlib.so /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20220829/ changed to what you see here

cmake version is updated so the configure command for dlib changed

It now builds, if you have a way to test it easily then try the attached file and update your container.. If after a couple of days you don't, I'll figure out how to test it and then upload a new competing container (please don't make me do that)

I will also attempt to do a pull request into your github,, I don't know how to create the template for Unraid.. too lazy to do it

Dockerfile

Edited by theDrell
added pull request to github

Hi all and sorry for the delay - this was one of those things where upgrading one thing broke another and so on.  It just took some sitting down for a few hours to work through it all and then some more time testing to make sure the image worked in my environment.

New image is up with updates dlib, pdlib, and of course Nextcloud 27.1.4!

Edited by terratrax
On 12/7/2023 at 9:59 PM, theDrell said:

I took a stab at fixing the dockerfile you had. here is the updated one.

Changes:

changed the base nextcould instance to nextcloud:27.1.4-apache

had to change the from libopenblas-base to dev since base wasn't available

version in COPY --from=builder /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20220829/pdlib.so /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20220829/ changed to what you see here

cmake version is updated so the configure command for dlib changed

It now builds, if you have a way to test it easily then try the attached file and update your container.. If after a couple of days you don't, I'll figure out how to test it and then upload a new competing container (please don't make me do that)

I will also attempt to do a pull request into your github,, I don't know how to create the template for Unraid.. too lazy to do it

Dockerfile 2.79 kB · 0 downloads

Hi and thanks for your effort but it was sorted out already - I like to let new images bake in my environment for a few days (I keep good backups) before I push an image.

Linuxserver uses their own alpine linux image and fpm to host nextcloud as opposed to this image which is Nextclouds official docker image with some added libraries.

This is not to say it wouldn't be possible, but right now anyone that uses this image can 100% rely on Nextcloud documentation and I'd like to keep it this way.

Edited by terratrax
12 hours ago, terratrax said:

Linuxserver uses their own alpine linux image and fpm to host nextcloud as opposed to this image which is Nextclouds official docker image with some added libraries.

This is not to say it wouldn't be possible, but right now anyone that uses this image can 100% rely on Nextcloud documentation and I'd like to keep it this way.

Fair enough, but when can you release it?

Sorry if I wasn't clear but I'm not planning to release an image with self-signed SSL because it would require some pretty significant changes to the official Nextcloud image which I'd like to avoid.  Also with Letsencrypt and things like NginxProxyManager, you can get real, signed certs for free instead of using self-signed ones.  Id highly recommend checking these out if you are familiar with them.

Hello,
Sorry to bother, but my nextcloud docker was running without any issues (thank you again).
However, it stopped being able to start due to the following error.
/entrypoint.sh: 111: cannot create /usr/local/etc/php/conf.d/redis-session.ini: Permission denied

I haven’t really changed anything or touched it at all really - so I’m not sure what could cause this? I am currently looking up solutions but wanted to post here too.

10 hours ago, terratrax said:

Sorry if I wasn't clear but I'm not planning to release an image with self-signed SSL because it would require some pretty significant changes to the official Nextcloud image which I'd like to avoid.  Also with Letsencrypt and things like NginxProxyManager, you can get real, signed certs for free instead of using self-signed ones.  Id highly recommend checking these out if you are familiar with them.

Totally undserstood. I mean when can you release your docker image, which is based on nextcloud 27 offical.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/13/2023 at 1:44 AM, terratrax said:

It was released a couple of days ago actually. 

Hi,I have transfered my Nextcloud to your docker image, but I got two issues.

1.after imstall memories and face Recognition, I see people tab in both Photos and Memories' sidebar, but I didn't see Persons tab.Why? how to solve?

2.System Cron job doesn't work. I tried crontab command, it shows command not found. Do we have to install cronjob manually? How?

Thanks

image.png.d682b378006c3debe060cd1d01d93264.pngimage.png.344ba38321269f277a4ab16fadcd6dc2.pngimage.png.0bbdefea691ccbaeaa99da154c1a7509.pngimage.thumb.png.4fde291dad034e9e8b3033cfdba8317d.pngimage.png.753f3dbb147cc402a7ef08cdbc220927.png