[SUPPORT] Terratrax - Nextcloud Multimedia

hi @terratrax,

thank you for the application.

I wanted to edit the config.php to add a tusted domain (a cloudflare tunnel).

I tried to install nano via apt install but sudo is not installed and su requires a password I don't have (not the same than nextcloud_admin...)

do you know what is su password ?

Edited by zarkoff
2 hours ago, zarkoff said:

hi @terratrax,

thank you for the application.

I wanted to edit the config.php to add a tusted domain (a cloudflare tunnel).

I tried to install nano via apt install but sudo is not installed and su requires a password I don't have (not the same than nextcloud_admin...)

do you know what is su password ?

The root password is whatever nextcloud has it set to (probably random), but you do not need to edit the config.php from within the container.  Instead, I would recommend editing it on the Unraid share that you mapped into the containers /var/www/html path.  Do this with the nexcloud container stopped.

If you really want to have a root shell on the container you can do with from the command line with something like:

docker exec -it -u 0 <containername> /bin/bash

Good evening. I stumbled across an error. 

Videos show me, that i have to run "occ memories:video-setup". When i execute it, the prompt for [Yes/No] ist skipped with nothing inserted automatically and runs into an error.

I attached a screenshot.

The Command i ran (from Unraid web-Shell): "docker exec -u 33 Nextcloud-multimedia php occ memories:video-setup"

If anyone knows how to handle this, i would be very thankful :)

error_memories_video_setup.png

4 hours ago, terratrax said:

The root password is whatever nextcloud has it set to (probably random), but you do not need to edit the config.php from within the container.  Instead, I would recommend editing it on the Unraid share that you mapped into the containers /var/www/html path.  Do this with the nexcloud container stopped.

If you really want to have a root shell on the container you can do with from the command line with something like:

docker exec -it -u 0 <containername> /bin/bash

Ok, thank you. I'll edit the config.php directly in shares.

Edited by zarkoff
1 minute ago, jfoxwu said:

Hi. Where can I find the updater.phar in this container?

It is not in the usual /var/www/nextcloud directory.

Nothing has been changed from the official nextcloud image except the addition of ffmpeg and facial recognition libraries (see https://github.com/terratrax/nextcloud-multimedia/blob/main/Dockerfile).  Your best bet would be to visit Nextcloud's support forums to see if anything has changed in this regard.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/13/2023 at 4:56 PM, terratrax said:

Nothing has been changed from the official nextcloud image except the addition of ffmpeg and facial recognition libraries (see https://github.com/terratrax/nextcloud-multimedia/blob/main/Dockerfile).  Your best bet would be to visit Nextcloud's support forums to see if anything has changed in this regard.

Hello. Thanks for this version. I did want to ask, if this is based off the official image - when I want to update (nextcloud had a version update a few days ago) do I use the official repository?

No, if you do that the extra bits will disappear.

My container should have rebuilt automatically but something didn't trigger correctly.  I started a manual build just now so you should see the nextcloud-multimedia docker image update very shortly. 

I'll figure out what's going on with the pipeline, too.

• Thanks 1
13 hours ago, terratrax said:

My container should have rebuilt automatically but something didn't trigger correctly.  I started a manual build just now so you should see the nextcloud-multimedia docker image update very shortly. 

Thank you :) I see the update!

On 3/29/2023 at 4:58 AM, terratrax said:

So I updated (thanks again) the container in unraid - but my nextcloud is still showing as needing to update? Unsure if there was something else I'm missing.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/30/2023 at 7:43 PM, viviolay said:

So I updated (thanks again) the container in unraid - but my nextcloud is still showing as needing to update? Unsure if there was something else I'm missing.

This dockerfile is based on nextcloud:stable-apache
as of writing this, nextcloud:stable-apache & production-apache tags are based on 25.0.5

5 hours ago, terratrax said:

Unraid isn't going to look at the dockerfile.  As long as the image is up to date it's happy.  Buy the docker updating in unraid is finicky. My guess is that this resolved on its own?

Right, but looks to me like your dockerfile is building from nextcloud:stable-apache and the stable-apache tag is Nextcloud version 25.0.5 right now.  (I'm assuming viviolay is referring to the update notice in the Nexcloud Dashboard, informing about version 26 & not the update notice on the Unraid Docker page)

Very useful dockerfile by the way!  Thank you!  I used your dockerfile to build my own image, with a few mods, and it works well for me.

Been meaning to ask you, do you have youtube-dl in the build for a reason?  I'm assuming I can remove it, or is there an actual dependency that I'm overlooking?

Edited by samsausages

Ah good point.  Yes 26 has not made it to stable yet and this image won't be 26 until it does.

If there's demand for 26 I can create another tag for it. Pretty easy work just let me know!

Yt Downloader is a leftover from a private image, thanks for catching that.  I'll take it out of the image today.

• Like 1
On 4/12/2023 at 4:37 AM, terratrax said:

Unraid isn't going to look at the dockerfile.  As long as the image is up to date it's happy.  Buy the docker updating in unraid is finicky. My guess is that this resolved on its own?

Oh yes, it did! I didn't realize because I ended up turning off the Nextcloud update reminder since it was annoying me at the time. I told myself I would come back to it later to figure out why it didn't update to 25.05. But then, after seeing your post - I checked again and realized it's now on 25.05. Not sure when it happened, but it's settled now :).

It is asking for 26 now, but I am happy with 25 right now re: apps and functionality. But am okay to upgrade whenever you think is best :)
Thanks again!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sure it's possible but the official Nextcloud image (the one this is based on) holds configuration files in a different path.

The Linuxserver image uses /config while the official image uses /var/www/html/config.  So you would have to modify your volume accordingly.  I've not migrated myself so make sure you have a backup if you try it :).

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

• 3 months later...

I think I have everything setup correctly minus HTTPS as I don't care with Nextcloud only available on internal and/or VPN.

I am stuck at facial recognition stuck at:

Faces scan started to work and saw the count going up. However, no faces found for either of 3 accounts. Any tips/tricks to offer?

Edited by goldbondx