UNRAID 6.11.5 Files remaining on Cache, Mover won't transfer to Array

Hello all,

Recently resurrected my unraid server after having two children, so getting back into the swing of things.  I recently added a a new ssd drive as a cache drive as a separate pool (yay for dropping ssd prices).  I'm currently working on getting appdata to move from the old cache drive to the array and then to the new cache drive (separate pool devices).  For the life of me, I cannot get the mover to move everything off the cache.  I've also noticed that after the mover is complete, there's still about 23GB being used on the old cache drive.  I've attached a syslog while the mover is working. 

cache = old ssd drive

largepool = new ssd drive

cache picture.PNG

tower-syslog-20230317-1015.zip

Any way to move the remaining files that are in the cache that are part of appdata?  I see that binhex-preclear has some files that still remain in the cache for some reason.  I'm assuming that after those are moved over, is there a straightforward method to remove the duplicate files on the old cache drive?

Errr, newbie question.  To accomplish that, I'd need to use some kind of file browser like Krusader correct? I'd compare the files due to modified date and delete the oldest one? I'm poking around Krusader for the first time, how do I mount the cache and the largepool so I can compare the files?

Also, if most of the duplicate files are metadata that I don't mind just deleting and I've backed up my appdata, would it theoretically be easier for me to just erase the old cache drive?

Edited by davisnub
56 minutes ago, davisnub said:

Errr, newbie question.  To accomplish that, I'd need to use some kind of file browser like Krusader correct? I'd compare the files due to modified date and delete the oldest one? I'm poking around Krusader for the first time, how do I mount the cache and the largepool so I can compare the files?

Also, if most of the duplicate files are metadata that I don't mind just deleting and I've backed up my appdata, would it theoretically be easier for me to just erase the old cache drive?

I would suggest using the Dynamix File Manager plugin in preference to Krusader.

• Upvote 1