Sorry But Looking for Help

I apologize but I have tried to search all over for my answer which is probably easy for everyone on here. I have an unraid that I am adding a norco hot swap and asupermicro sata card to. What needs to be done for the card and drives to be recognized? I put the sata card in the pcie slot and hooked up the power and breakout cable to the norco. I put a hdd in the norco and it lights up but the hdd does not show up. I am thinking that I need a driver or firmware but I do not understand linux that much. I do not know how to install drivers or firmware on linux and I do not have a cd rom.

Sorry about the easy questions but I have been at this for hours today.

I apologize but I have tried to search all over for my answer which is probably easy for everyone on here. I have an unraid that I am adding a norco hot swap and asupermicro sata card to. What needs to be done for the card and drives to be recognized? I put the sata card in the pcie slot and hooked up the power and breakout cable to the norco. I put a hdd in the norco and it lights up but the hdd does not show up. I am thinking that I need a driver or firmware but I do not understand linux that much. I do not know how to install drivers or firmware on linux and I do not have a cd rom.

The Supermicro card does not need any drivers to work, unRAID will detect it just fine.

As for the Norco cage, I assume you are talking about the NORCO SS-500 cage.  If that is the case, then are you sure you got the correct breakout cables.  You need the Forward breakout cable kind (like these).

The Supermicro card does not need any drivers to work, unRAID will detect it just fine.

As for the Norco cage, I assume you are talking about the NORCO SS-500 cage.  If that is the case, then are you sure you got the correct breakout cables.  You need the Forward breakout cable kind (like these).

Yes that is the cable I ordered. I got the list from you a while back on the parts to order and put them in today. Man I have no luck with this stuff and I am trying my hardest to figure some of it out.

Here is the cable I ordered http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16816116097

As for the Norco cage, I assume you are talking about the NORCO SS-500 cage.  If that is the case, then are you sure you got the correct breakout cables.  You need the Forward breakout cable kind (like these).

Yes that is the cable I ordered. I got the list from you a while back on the parts to order and put them in today. Man I have no luck with this stuff and I am trying my hardest to figure some of it out.

Can we get a copy of the syslog (instructions are in the troubleshooting link in my signature).

Archived