Lost my USB Drive, Recovered but a few minor issues

Go to solution Solved by JonathanM,

Lost my USB drive Sunday sometime. System still was running, Plex worked but the /boot dir was non-existent. The old drive won't show up as a USB device and due to some misconfigurations with my backup system and the Flash backup, I only had 3 month-old backup of my config/ dir. Making lemonade out of lemons, I decided to start from scratch (my config dir had become a mess of old plugins and other detritus ) and throwing caution to the wind I went with a fresh install of 6.12.0-rc3 on a new USB drive.

Working on bringing back some Dockers and then VMs, but currently I seem to be having some odd issues:

• The Apps tab (limited to Safari I think) fails to load all the CSS at times and has misinformed page items (large app logos, wrong fonts, etc). I also get "Did not parse stylesheet at <server address>/plugins/community.applications/skins/Narrow/css.php?v=1678545693 because non CSS MIME types are note allowed in strict mode." and an "avatar  FailedToLoad error' on the browser console. I get past this by toggling the "Disable content blockers" setting for the page - until it happens again. Haven't figured out why or what causes it again.
  • I also have seen times where I'l be on a Settings page, for example, and the UI will refresh and take me to the Main page.
  • Got some random times where I can't pull images and the UI is slow to load. I could ping my router from unraid but couldn't ping 1.1.1.1. Yet other devices could ping 1.1.1.1 so it wasn't a loss of my network service. Then, randomly, I can pull images and things work.

I doubt I am the first to have issues like these, but haven't found a reason or solution here with Google.

the -2108 is the diag from when I lost the drive. -1330 is today after getting some things working.

fractal-diagnostics-20230416-2108.zip fractal-diagnostics-20230417-1330.zip

• Solution

Safari is known to be randomly problematic for some subset of folks.

Can you recreate the issues in a chrome based browser? Firefox almost works, but has a nasty habit of popping up a "resubmit information" dialog, which if you cancel, the browser works great, if you accept, it causes all sorts of issues.