Unraid not using full ram capacity after ram upgrade

Go to solution Solved by CEO Primesky,

Hi,

if upgraded my ram on my Unraid Server. I now use 16gb of ram instead of 8gb. Unraid shows on the Dashboard that 16gb of Ram are installed but wont use it. When i use htop in the Unraid console it shows me that "xy" gb amount out of 8gb ram are used.

Is there a way i can fix this?

When my MoBo detects the 16gb and it shows them in the Dashboard why wont Unraid use the full 16gb ?

Unbenannt.PNG

unraid-server-r-diagnostics-20230430-1245.zip

1 minute ago, Kilrah said:

This is usually a hardware isssue (bad/dirty contact, poorly seated stick) that results in the identification chip being read but data transfers to fail resulting in the stick getting disabled.

thanks for your suggestion. It try remount the sticks in the mobo. Has Unraid an mem test i can run ?

If you're booting legacy then yes the boot menu has a memtest option, otherwise just make your own memtest86 boot drive.

9 minutes ago, CEO Primesky said:

but i still find it a bit odd that exactly 2 out of 4 sticks ar not working.

Then probably a whole channel isn't working, could also be CPU-side contact issues.

Move sticks around to see what the problem follows, if it's sticks or slots, and which one(s).

Edited by Kilrah
6 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

If you're booting legacy then yes the boot menu has a memtest option, otherwise just make your own memtest86 boot drive.

Then probably a whole channel isn't working, could also be CPU-side contact issues.

Move sticks around to see what the problem follows, if it's sticks or slots, and which one(s).

i run a mem test later and test if everything sits correctly and then give an update.