Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics eligible

34 minutes ago, lawrence1986 said:

Hello, I was wondering if I had an Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics and I installed Intel-GPU-TOP because I know the Intel-GPU-TOP installs the Intel driver, but I don't know if it will install this driver for Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics.

It doesn't install the driver that is in the stock drivers. But it may enable. 

It may be dependant on kernel levels. i.e. for Arc770 needs to be 6.1 and I have to enable the following. Intel-GPU-TOP should do it if you blacklist the driver in the modeprode.d file.

root@computenode:/mnt/user/appdata/gpustat-unraid# cat /boot/config/modprobe.d/i915.conf 
options i915 force_probe=56a0

What output do you get for dmesg | grep i915 

What you're saying is that it should work. I have no idea what my What output do you get for dmesg | grep i915 simple? Because I have not bought the board yet, I came here to find out first. if it would or wouldn't work. because if it will work, this is going to be a cheap upgrade because I'm running some really old gear, let's just say FX line, and it needs a major upgrade, and with the CPU market and prices, I don't feel that any Intel i5 or i7 is worth $300.00 + at the moment besides the i5 13500, but I don't have the money for that, so I'm going another route. but this route has the Intel i5 12500H. but it uses the Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics eligible GPU i also wondering it is better or worse than the Intel® UHD Graphics 770? because i want what everone else wants to install it the hardware install the USB and it just works.

Edited by lawrence1986