Looking to upgrade board and CPU in new case

Hi,

i currently run an unRAID server for running home automations and a heft media server (movies, television, music, books, etc) and a few other self hosting needs. 

however, my case is a SilverStone CS381B, which runs very hot. So I’m looking to replace the case. But I’m also hoping to upgrade my CPU and Motherboard, as my current board needed a bit of modding to get enough drives available and isn’t a true server board. 

here’s what I currently have in the setup:

* ASRockRack C246 WSI 

* Intel® Xeon® E-2146G CPU @ 3.50GHz

* Crucial RAM 32GB Kit (2x16GB) DDR4 2400 MHz CL17 Desktop Memory CT2K16G4DFD824A

* 8x HDDs 

* 2x SSDs

* 1x NVMe

one if the drives often runs 46-48C unless I really crank up the fans, which becomes very loud. 

So I’m looking for a board that would allow for at least that number of drives, along with having expandability in a ?rack mount configuration for a GPU for example. Probably 12 hot swap bays in a Rosewill 4U chassis or something like a Fractal Design ATX tower, though I prefer having hot swap bays… unless you have a better recommendation! I already have a few spare HDDs to add to the server.

any thoughts?

thanks in advance!